PDA

View Full Version : How will Class Depth Work?

Latent
11-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Hey

I'm wondering how deep the classes will be. Is each class defined by few skills or will a class have many skills that a character can gain over time? Personally I would prefer the latter option.

Thanks

balnoisi
11-12-2012, 07:03 PM
i may be wrong, but i believe it is : basic unit > rank 1 > rank 2 > rank 3.
everytime the unit gains a rank its special ability gets upgraded.

Troll
11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
With the example of the Axeman, I believe it would be

Axeman (rank 0) :

- Thrasher rank 1 > rank 2 > rank 3
- Backbiter
- Grudgewielder
- Axeman (pure classe)

The passive is the same for all, being Shield Wall, and each would have his own active ability upgraded with the rank. Bloody Flail, Run Through...
No idea yet how the pure classes will develop for now.

Latent
11-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the answers. From watching the most recent Banner Saga video it seems that characters will gain differences through renown distribution. I hope the game will be balanced for different character specs across the same class. I'm excited to discover the raw recruits that have may affinities towards particular stats.

Wins
11-21-2012, 03:37 AM
BTW, how many basic classes will be in the game?

1. Axeman
2. Archer
3. Warrior (varl)
4. Shieldbreaker (varl)

5. Spearman? Spear was popular weapon, is more popular than the sword
6. Healer or other magical class? In viking culture the wizards are call erils

Troll
11-21-2012, 09:48 AM
We know from that http://thelivepixel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/units_all_re.jpg quartex dug up and made a thread (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?389-Here-s-an-previously-released-image-of-all-the-beta-units) about taht there will be some more classes.

Along with the menders that will be armor repairers (and help heal your units in the caravan in SP apparently), there might be dredges (if playable in factions) both close combat and raged, and a Varl called Strong Arm (which might be an advanced class).
There should also be some classes that need to be unlocked in SP for use in Factions, like centaurs.

Guğmundr
11-21-2012, 06:35 PM
From Destructoid:

You form a team of six members, chosen from 16 classes, and try to survive against your opponent’s six combatants.

I think it's:

Axeman > Thrasher, Backbiter, Grudgewielder
Archer > Skystriker, Siege Archer, Eagle Eye
Shieldbanger > Provoker, Strongarm, Champion
Warrior > Warhawk, Warleader, Wardog

Which makes 16.

From the same article:

Though Factions’ players will be able to play against Banner Saga Chapter 1’s players in 2013, they won’t have access to the 16 new character classes that release will introduce.

So, it sounds like there will be a total of 32 classes eventually (including the ones that need to be unlocked in SP), I'm guessing 8 base and 24 advanced.

Jazz555
01-21-2013, 12:21 AM
just do sortChildren(sortStuff); This will sort all children attached to the container you call it on.

sprite1.sortChildren(sortStuff) will only sort children of sprite1.

SharkSummoner
01-28-2013, 06:57 PM
They mentioned in one of the threads that they had human spear wielders planned as a unit tree and one of the trailers had some spear wielding chick shoot lightning bolt out of one of her spears, theres a picture of her on the main page of this site.