PDA

View Full Version : Official WHY CAN'T I GET INTO TESTING?!?! thread

Sean
11-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Please note that Factions Testing has ended. If you are having troubles, this is the thread you really want to read now:

The official "How do I get into Factions?!!!111!!!" thread (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?882)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here are the things to know:

First, make sure you have a Stoic Community account. If you do not have one, make sure you register (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/register.php) with the exact same email address you had when you pledged to the Kickstarter.

Second thing to know is that free access is currently only for those who backed The Banner Saga on Kickstarter. Stoic is accepting access via PayPal for those who did not get the opportunity to back TBS but are looking to access teh Factions beta program: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/enter-the-fray.php

Once you register, keep your eyes peeled for a verification email to confirm your account. Until it is confirmed, it will not upgrade. This will come from "mail@stoicstudio.com" so make sure you add it to your address book so it doesn't accidentally get put in your spam folder.

If you have recently registered, but do not see your name as "green" (here's an example (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/member.php?97-Ratatoskr) of how it should look when you look at "My Profile" in the top navigation when logged in) or if you're having any other issue, let us know (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/sendmessage.php)! Note the "green" colored Display Names are only for those who backed TBS on Kickstarter.

Beta Access is not immediate, the team generates new keys in batches. Once your account is upgraded, you will enter the queue to get a testing code. We do these often so it shouldn't take too long.

Once generated, you can quickly access your testing key by going to your profile (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile) and look under the "Beta Testing Information" section.

For more information (once you get your testing key), see this copy of the email in the forums: Congratulations! You're in [Download Instructions Included!] (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?364-Congratulations!-You-re-in-Download-Instructions-Included!)

Ambyst
11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
[deleted]

DropkickHighFive
11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Thank you for posting this! I am eagerly awaiting my beta key! I just saw the new video posted on Kickstarter and everything is looking wonderful! [=

Sean
11-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Thank you for posting this! I am eagerly awaiting my beta key! I just saw the new video posted on Kickstarter and everything is looking wonderful! [=

No problem. And your account looks to be in order so hopefully you'll get your testing key soon!

BeefSausage
11-19-2012, 04:07 PM
how long does it typically take to receive confirmation e-mail? I am a backer ad have still not received any access key, i just found out about open beta on facebook. I would like to participate but this is very frustrating.

Sean
11-19-2012, 04:10 PM
how long does it typically take to receive confirmation e-mail? I am a backer ad have still not received any access key, i just found out about open beta on facebook. I would like to participate but this is very frustrating.

It usually happens within a matter of minutes but I know we're getting a lot more traffic today than usual. We went ahead and confirmed and upgraded your account (so disregard that email when you get it). You should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community. I'll also ask the team to generate you a testing key. Once generated, you can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

And look under the "Beta Testing Information" section. For more information (once you get your testing key), see this copy of the email in the forums:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?364-Congratulations!-You-re-in-Download-Instructions-Included!

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else!

Sincerely,

Sean

wade d mcginnis
11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Been watching this game for awhile, ever since you dropped the teaser video. Reminded me of those late 70s early 80s cartoon movies like The Hobbit.

Curious if we buy with the $15, how long can we expect to get an email or even a chance at testing?

Edit* Also any chance we can see a press kit or fan kit soon?

Dalvardar
11-19-2012, 07:06 PM
I am sort of curious as well. Don't mind a bit of a wait, but the way the payment area is labeled, sort of makes it sound as if you'd get instant access... Doesn't appear to be the case. >.>

roguecaliber@gmail.com
11-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I am a backer and have not received my beta key yet, please and thank you.

Laronvas
11-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Is there anyway to have the creation confirmation email resent? I registered here long ago when I got the kickstarter update that said make sure you go and create your Stoic account for beta and I was never sent a confirmation email. Yes I checked the junk folder. This has possibly been weeks ago at this point.

Sean
11-19-2012, 09:41 PM

Is there anyway to have the creation confirmation email resent? I registered here long ago when I got the kickstarter update that said make sure you go and create your Stoic account for beta and I was never sent a confirmation email. Yes I checked the junk folder. This has possibly been weeks ago at this point.

Both of your accounts are now good to go and you should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community. I'll also ask the team to generate you a testing key. Once generated, you can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

And look under the "Beta Testing Information" section. For more information (once you get your testing key), see this copy of the email in the forums:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?364-Congratulations!-You-re-in-Download-Instructions-Included!

Sincerely,

Sean

John
11-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Been watching this game for awhile, ever since you dropped the teaser video. Reminded me of those late 70s early 80s cartoon movies like The Hobbit.

Curious if we buy with the $15, how long can we expect to get an email or even a chance at testing?

Edit* Also any chance we can see a press kit or fan kit soon?

Ideally you shouldn't have to wait at all. However, the outpouring of support today took our mail sending service over its daily limit and emails stopped going out. We have all the transactions stored in our database and logs, though, and Alex has been painstakingly going over each failed email and sending it manually.

If you have not received your email by now, then something else went wrong (sometimes the mails get eaten) -- please email us at community@stoicstudio.com and let us know you purchased Beta access but did not receive your keys. We will get them out to you ASAP!

John
11-19-2012, 09:58 PM
I am sort of curious as well. Don't mind a bit of a wait, but the way the payment area is labeled, sort of makes it sound as if you'd get instant access... Doesn't appear to be the case. >.>

Check out my response to wade d mcginnis, but the short story is we had a mail problem but it has now been resolved. If you still don't have your keys, please email us at community@stoicstudio.com and we will get them right out to you.

DropkickHighFive
11-19-2012, 10:29 PM
The development team on this game is an example all other teams should follow in terms of forum support and responses. Thank you guys for being on top of these issues!

MrWednesday
11-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks a lot man. :) This thread was very helpful. Ill wait for my beta invite! Cheers from Sweden!

huckleberry880
11-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Hi Sean -

Another who didn't get a beta key :)

Sean
11-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi Sean -

Another who didn't get a beta key :)

Your account looks to have upgraded just fine; the issue is that you just recently registered after the last batch of testing keys for Faction were assigned. I'll also ask the team to generate you a testing key. Once generated, you can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

Sincerely,

Sean

timwall816
11-25-2012, 08:27 PM
To take part in this beta :)

CraigMakk
11-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Sorry, slow to the party, but who should we contact regarding beta access? Thanks!

Sean
11-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Sorry, slow to the party, but who should we contact regarding beta access? Thanks!

Moved your post here (and this would be the place!). We found and fixed the issue with the system not recognizing you as a Backer. You should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community. I'll also ask the team to generate you a testing key. Once generated, you can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

Sincerely,

Sean

To take part in this beta :)

Tim, are you (1) just asking about how to get into beta or (2) are you a Backer from Kickstarter or (3) did you purchase access via PayPal?

Duckman12
11-26-2012, 11:07 AM
what is the criteria for geting your account upgraded?

The Nexus
11-26-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm confused, is this beta open for EVERYONE or is it just for those who kickstarted? The game looks great even when just looking at the multiplayer. I went to look at my profile and my name is in grey, do I just wait or should it be green automatically?

Sean
11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
what is the criteria for geting your account upgraded?

You have to have been a Backer for The Banner Saga kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/the-banner-saga

I'm confused, is this beta open for EVERYONE or is it just for those who kickstarted? The game looks great even when just looking at the multiplayer. I went to look at my profile and my name is in grey, do I just wait or should it be green automatically?

Those who backed The Banner Saga kickstarter project get free access to the Factions beta test. If you were not a Backer but would like to access it, we currently are accepting access via PayPal: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/enter-the-fray.php

Or you can just wait till Factions releases (there is no necessary fees associated with it when it goes "live"). Were you a Backer from Kickstarter? If so, did you have another email address that you were using when you backed the project on Kickstarter? The reason I ask is I do not see this email address in our archives as a backer but we only track the email addresses that were used at the time of the backing.

Sincerely,

Sean

The Nexus
11-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Ah yes, now that I went back and read it I see my mistake. My excitement got the better of me and I just rushed through all the text. I think you should make it more clear that the free access is kickstarter only though, it's a bit ambiguous at the moment. On this page in particular: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/enter-the-fray.php

Might just be me having trouble comprehending it though, just thought I should mention it :P

Do you have any kind of estimation as to when the beta is over? :) I can't wait to finally get my hands on this.

Dunedainx
11-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Iīm eager to play this game

BowAndQuiver
11-30-2012, 10:11 PM
hey guys, thanks for all your work on this game! I just registered my account today and am hoping to get a beta key soon, but it doesn't say "backer" under my name in "my profile", so i'm a bit concerned about that..

edit: nevermind, it says it next to my name on this post.. :P

Dunedainx
12-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi there

Iīve already bought the beta pass and i havenīt received the key to play the game. Does this take a lot of time?

John
12-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi there

Iīve already bought the beta pass and i havenīt received the key to play the game. Does this take a lot of time?

Your keys should be mailed to you almost instantly after purchasing with paypal.

Please email community@stoicstudio.com with your paypal information (paypal email, txn id, etc..) and we will find out what happened to your keys!

Yukon
12-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Hey,

Looking forward to the game, never recieved BETA as a backer. Help?

Thanks,
Yukon

specmmats
12-04-2012, 08:37 AM
If you have a problem with giving betakeys,I become skeptical of how your game will work..

Sean
12-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey,

Looking forward to the game, never recieved BETA as a backer. Help?

Thanks,
Yukon

Looks like there was an issue identifying your account as a Backer. We found and fixed the issue with the system not recognizing you as a Backer. You should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community. I'll also ask the team to generate you a testing key. Once generated, you can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

Sincerely,

Sean

Sean
12-04-2012, 09:03 AM
If you have a problem with giving betakeys,I become skeptical of how your game will work..

Not to be rude, but there is not a single company out there (to include out of the game industry) that has a "perfect" product. I've seen these issues in small companies and enormous ones. Sometimes there are errors in the system and other times, there is human error.

As both a gamer and someone who has been in the industry for a few years, I realize these things happen and generally rate my experience on how quickly my issue is addressed. If I feel like I'm yelling at a wall, I don't count that as a good experience. If I'm getting feedback and my issue at least addressed in a timely manner, I'm generally happy (unless I'm having to jump through hoops).

Yukon
12-05-2012, 05:42 AM
You rock! Thanks much, I am so excited. BTW the posters turned out great :-)

Thanks,
Yukon

Dunedainx
12-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi there

Itīs been a week since I payed for the keys and i havenīt received any e-mail or message, usually takes this long to generate the keys?

John
12-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi there

Itīs been a week since I payed for the keys and i havenīt received any e-mail or message, usually takes this long to generate the keys?

Nope, it should be immediate. Please mail community@stoicstudio.com with your paypal email address and TXN id if you have it. We will get you sorted out ASAP!

Dunedainx
12-07-2012, 01:39 PM
thanks! sorry for the another post i didnīt saw this reply so ignore it XD

Abercharr
12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
i have no credit card or money for a beta invite :) i can only offer my xp in games

i hope to find a job soon so i can buy this game :D

fpeezy
12-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Hi - I've linked my Steam account awhile ago, but have not seen a Steam TBS Beta Key code in my profile settings. In addition, I've somehow lost access to the Backer forum thread. Please advise.

Sean
12-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Hi - I've linked my Steam account awhile ago, but have not seen a Steam TBS Beta Key code in my profile settings. In addition, I've somehow lost access to the Backer forum thread. Please advise.

Hi fpeezy,

Linking your account to Steam does not grant access to the Factions beta. I looked at your Stoic Community account and, by any chance, did you have another email address that you were using when you backed the project on Kickstarter? The reason I ask is I do not see this email address in our archives as a backer but we only track the email addresses that were used at the time of the backing.

If you had another email address, feel free to send it to me via PM or email community@stoicstudio.com.

skoggkat
12-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Disregard this post I am in.

jin40k
12-28-2012, 01:59 AM
hi i buy beta from paypal. i don't have key and mi account is white. pls help

jin40k
12-28-2012, 03:17 AM
oh i have imal.snx dudes!!! i love u all!)

stormhart
12-29-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm a Kickstarter Backer. I registered about 8 hours ago but I still haven't received my beta key.
please check on this for me. Thanks.

raven2134
12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Your key should be in your profile page on the website (your account on the forums, buttons/console through the upper right of this page) . It's not emailed to you directly. Since your ID here is green (KS recognized) it should be there. Try to check and post here if you really can't find it.

Cthulhu444
01-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Hello, kickstarter backer and just made an account, name is green so everything's good right? I am really psyched about all the progress, can't wait to try it out!

Ostergaard
01-01-2013, 06:05 AM
This thread did clear a lot up for me. I've been having problems recieving project updates due to being an early paypal backer and felt a bit left out when I noticed you actually had a beta going. But its good to know I am now greenlight on the forums and will have a key on its way somewhere along the line. :)

The key will acessible on the My Profile section of this page once I've recieved it, will I recieve any mail about the key or will I simply have to check back regularly?

prunestida
01-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Good thread. I backed TBS on Kickstarter, but I never registered over here until today. Hopefully I'll get into the beta soon! Keep up the good work!

Livipedia
01-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Hmm, I just clicked the button and nothing happened after I made my paypal payment-- it wasn't incredibly obvious that I was apparently supposed to register first? So did I just pay for empty air, or will it process with my email address? Thanks!

raven2134
01-14-2013, 08:51 AM
As per previous cases, the community manager Sean has mentioned that the serial key is supposed to be sent to the email registered with your paypal account. If you don't receive it, you should email the team at community@stoicstudio.com

Sean
01-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Hmm, I just clicked the button and nothing happened after I made my paypal payment-- it wasn't incredibly obvious that I was apparently supposed to register first? So did I just pay for empty air, or will it process with my email address? Thanks!

As per previous cases, the community manager Sean has mentioned that the serial key is supposed to be sent to the email registered with your paypal account. If you don't receive it, you should email the team at community@stoicstudio.com

Raven is correct. You should have received an email to the address attached to your PayPal account with that information. It should happen automatically but sometimes things get clogged in the internet pipes (damn Mario, sleeping on the job!) so it can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, too.

If you did not receive that, please contact us at community@stoicstudio.com

Jazz555
01-21-2013, 12:17 AM

I have also not got.

autobotmulletron
01-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Sure thing.

Mumbl3r
01-26-2013, 12:30 PM
So even though I paid to get into Beta I don't get immediate access? and the front page doesn't tell you that until you have paid and registered.....
Awesome....

John
01-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Beta early access is granted immediately upon purchase from PayPal. An email is sent to you containing your steam keys. Sometimes these emails get trapped by faulty mail servers or spam filters. If you can't find the email, please contact us at community@stoicstudio.com and we can sort it out.

jorian
02-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Just wanted to say good luck, plus greetings from Hungary to the devteam :)

Danimal66
02-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Somehow I missed all of this when it was announced so I'm a backer trying to catch up

I also don't see a key in my profile page either

Green
02-18-2013, 06:59 PM
ok thank you Sean Dahlberg I am downloading the beta to my steam know thanks for the fast reply

zxsythe
02-18-2013, 07:02 PM

This. And my account doesn't show my name in green either, any help?

Rocky
02-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the explanation post, I stumbled over here from my Kickstarer account as a backer.

Eagerly awaiting my GREEN acknowledgement that I'll receive download instructions soon!

Thanks and good gaming.

Sean
02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
This thread has been closed. If you still need assistance, see the following thread under the Factions Help & Support area:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?882

Note, those of you who posted above today, we will still be working on and you should be taken care of shortly (or contacted via email if we need additional information).

Sean
02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Please note that Factions Testing has ended. If you are having troubles, this is the thread you really want to read now:

The official "How do I get into Factions?!!!111!!!" thread (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?882)