PDA

View Full Version : TBS3 Russian Translate

Tiraglarm
07-30-2018, 12:01 AM
Hello!
Just completed my Saga. It was a great story I never forget...

But! 4 of 5 reviews on russian language in Steam at the moment is about bad localization (someone even says that it is google translate lvl, but it's not like that to be honest).
I can confirm it: 20% of dialogs are absolutely unclear, in every second dialogue misprints. The unpleasant experience.

Fix it please, Stoic.

Aleonymous
07-30-2018, 03:29 AM
Thanks Tiraglam. Linking this to Stoic, but I'm sure they're reading the (negative) reviews.

CandyMissy
08-09-2018, 08:53 AM
hope they do something about it

Neptanto
08-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Though I'm Russian too, I always prefer playing in the original language. Even when translation is near-perfect, it can still lack some of the aspects and meanings, and jokes are often the first victims of translation, at least in this particular language pair.

Aleonymous
08-16-2018, 01:22 PM
Though I'm Russian too, I always prefer playing in the original language. Even when translation is near-perfect, it can still lack some of the aspects and meanings, and jokes are often the first victims of translation, at least in this particular language pair.

Even though I've never played a translated game (I'm Greek and we get very very few translated games), I totally get what you mean especially from cinema and TV films/shows: Translated (even subtitled) versions are very hard to make, so that the convey the same messages (jokes, attitude, style etc) as the original.