PDA

View Full Version : Console Error (Red Screen) on Execution

Sameto97
12-14-2018, 06:45 AM
Hello,

I was hoping to replay The Banner Saga and The Banner Saga 2 in preparation for the final game, but I get this red screen with the words 'Console Error' on both games.

Details that might help:
I first installed both games through the GOG Galaxy client. I also added YaK's mods to both games. (Red screen/Console Error on both games.)

I then uninstalled and reinstalled both games still through the GOG Galaxy client, but without the mods this time. (Red screen/Console Error on both games.)

I then uninstalled and reinstalled both games without using the client, again trying to add YaK's mods. (Red screen/Console Error on both games.)

I then uninstalled and reinstalled both games without the client and without mods. (Red screen/Console Error on both games.)

The frustrating and confusing part is that I've played both of these games on this computer before, the only change I've made to my hardware is adding a graphics card. (Hardware, if that matters: cpu - AMD A8-3850 APU, gpu - Gigabyte GT 730. OS - Windows 10)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Aleonymous
12-14-2018, 04:25 PM
Hello. Sorry to hear it's not working as intended. You should contact support[at]stoicstudio[dot]com with this.

In the meanwhile, can you check your logfiles (somewhere in your appdata/user folder) for details on the nature of the crash?

I don't use Galaxy, but Steam has a feature called "verification of integrity of game files" (I call it VIGF) which is much faster and equally efficient as un/re-installing. It checks for corrupted files and corrects/re-downloads them etc. Check if Galaxy has something similar.

Good luck!