PDA

View Full Version : User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sean
11-24-2012, 01:17 PM
If you've been directed to this message or noticed it says "Unconfirmed Account" when looking at your profile, it means your account has not been verified just yet. Check your email to fully activate your account. Once confirmed, you will be able to reply and post new threads in all the applicable areas of the community.

If you do not see this email, check your spam or junk folder. This will come from "tbs-forum@stoicstudio.com" so you may want to add this to your address book. If you still cannot find it, you can request a new email confirmation (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/register.php?do=requestemail). And if all else fails, simply contact us (community@stoicstudio.com).

If you need to find this thread again, just look in the Community Support & Feedback forum.

AstroChimp
01-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Can't wait!

Muttala
02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks Sean, I just registered after seeing the soft launch announcement in kickstarter email,
congratulation for the launch !

ffdream
02-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Dittos

elenawing
02-19-2013, 04:51 AM
Huzzah! Been waiting for Beta to end so I can get all up in this *happy face*

Amos
02-19-2013, 11:01 AM
How long should the confirmation take? I run my own mail server and have checked the logs (before filters) for stoicstudio.com and nothing has come through. It's been about 30 minutes.

raven2134
02-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi guys, please give us a bit of time. Sean, our main community manager will look into things as soon as he can.

Sean
02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
How long should the confirmation take? I run my own mail server and have checked the logs (before filters) for stoicstudio.com and nothing has come through. It's been about 30 minutes.

It should happen within minutes (10 minutes at the most). Did it get caught by a spam filter? I'll also be checking the support queue shortly so if you do not receive it before then, I'll help get you properly set up.

Sean
02-19-2013, 12:26 PM

Sorry that you did not receive the verification emails but I see that both of you are Backers from the Kickstarter so I just used that as your verification and confirmed then upgraded your accounts. You should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community. I'll also ask the team to generate you a game key. Once generated, you can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

And look under the "Beta Testing Information" section. For more information (once you get your game key), see this copy of the email in the forums:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?364-Congratulations!-You-re-in-Download-Instructions-Included!

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else!

Sincerely,

Sean

Fausty
02-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi Sean,

Could you do the same for me? I'm a kickstarter member (same email than in kickstarter) and never received any game key?
Thanks!

SalsaDMA
02-19-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm not getting the activation mail either. :( Kickstarter backer too, here.

Sean
02-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi Fausty and SalsaDMA,

We'll look into the issue with verification emails. Hopefully its just because we're getting so many requests that it is taking longer than usual for our system to mail them out (it's a happiness problem when you're in demand... and yet still a problem, heh).

I did upgrade both of your accounts because you used the same email address as you did for the Kickstarter (thanks)! When you do receive the verification email, go ahead and disregard it. As for the rest, same applies as I posted above:

Sorry that you did not receive the verification emails but I see that both of you are Backers from the Kickstarter so I just used that as your verification and confirmed then upgraded your accounts. You should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community. I'll also ask the team to generate you a game key. Once generated, you can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

And look under the "Beta Testing Information" section. For more information (once you get your game key), see this copy of the email in the forums:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?364-Congratulations!-You-re-in-Download-Instructions-Included!

Sincerely,

Sean

mattyoclock
02-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Hey, I tried to sign up earlier, and tried emailing community@stoicstudio.com over an hour ago, and still haven't heard anything. I would really love to be able to test out the game.

HozzM
02-19-2013, 03:07 PM
I am also trying to get registered as a Kickstarter backer. No verification email for me either.

Sean
02-19-2013, 03:53 PM
I am also trying to get registered as a Kickstarter backer. No verification email for me either.

Hey, I tried to sign up earlier, and tried emailing community@stoicstudio.com over an hour ago, and still haven't heard anything. I would really love to be able to test out the game.

Hi all,

As you might imagine, the support queue is a little more active today due to the recent announcement. We are doing our best to answer them as quickly as possible and hope to have replies out to everyone by EOD (and rectified most of the issues if not all).

For you two, you are now verified and upgraded. The post above has the pertinent info you need.

Jormun
02-19-2013, 06:04 PM
I am not receiving an e-mail either. Been waiting for several hours.

Sean
02-19-2013, 06:33 PM
I am not receiving an e-mail either. Been waiting for several hours.

Sorry that you did not receive the verification email but I see that you are a Backer from the Kickstarter so I just used that as your verification and confirmed then upgraded your account. You should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community. I'll also ask the team to generate you a game key. Once generated, you can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

joq100
02-20-2013, 03:14 AM
No confirmated account for me :(

joq100
02-20-2013, 03:16 AM
I knew that the moment I posted in this thread the confirmation email would pop up. Sorry

Sean
02-20-2013, 08:34 AM
I knew that the moment I posted in this thread the confirmation email would pop up. Sorry

No problem, joq100. Just glad you got your upgrade quickly! The team is running and assigning new codes pretty regularly so you should have your access to Factions by lunch (CST) at the latest!

Olracnaignottus
02-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Wooooooooooo. Signed up during the Kickstarter. I'm a bit confused as to how I test out factions, though.

Olracnaignottus
02-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Oh I see, I too have no received the confirmation email. Please send it!

Sean
02-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Oh I see, I too have no received the confirmation email. Please send it!

Thank you for making us aware of the issue. We went ahead and confirmed and upgraded your account. You should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community. I'll also ask the team to generate you a game key.

For more information, such as how to access your game code, check out this thread in the Stoic Community:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?882

Frozeninmind101
04-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks Sean

Evil Laughter
04-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Either Kafka has possessed the forum or there is a particularly weird spambot

Yohonson
01-13-2014, 02:46 AM
Please help, didnt get confirmation email.

Adam Kallin
01-13-2014, 02:59 AM
Hi,

I did not get a confirmation email and I've checked my spam folder.

redcorsair1
01-13-2014, 03:03 AM
I registered today to get the steam activation code, yet there is no download game link available on the page. I didn't get any confirmation mail either.

redcorsair1
01-13-2014, 03:04 AM
btw my spam folder is empty

Clare Rix
01-13-2014, 03:17 AM
Looks like I'm not receiving a confirmation email either, any chance I can be activated?
Thanks in advance! :)

Newfr
01-13-2014, 03:28 AM
Guess i'm with unlucky ones. No confirmation e-mail, waited for an hour, tried "resend" option, waited for half an hour and still nothing. Hope i'll get my KS Steam key before release.

nikpasic
01-13-2014, 04:01 AM
Not getting anything here either. I hope it is just a queue problem and not something you guys have to mess around with for too long.

Congratulations on the release. Can't wait to play the game.

Barrier
01-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Hi, I'm also not getting the confirmation mail

Korinu
01-13-2014, 04:09 AM
Same here.

Roman Unger
01-13-2014, 04:14 AM
Can't get activated either. Used my KS email, over there I used my FB login.

Also nothing in my spam folder.

Desilentio
01-13-2014, 04:17 AM
I have the confirmation email problem as well.

nothuman
01-13-2014, 04:29 AM
Same here. Maybe some overload trouble?

agrimi78
01-13-2014, 04:31 AM
I'm not getting the activation mail either. i'm a kickstarter backer too.

mafr
01-13-2014, 04:32 AM
Didn't get the confirmation E-Mail. I'm a Kickstarter Backer. Used the same E-Mail address for registration.

Umberto Bartolini
01-13-2014, 04:33 AM
And same here. We might have broken the server. Which, after all, is a good sign! (Could it have to do with the fact that I've connected Kickstarter through Facebook?)

Grey Matter
01-13-2014, 05:15 AM
Same here, although I have used the same e-mail for this account and Kickstart (ie. not Facebook).

CrisisXVII
01-13-2014, 05:29 AM
I'm still waiting on my email confirmation as well.

I registered with what I think was the email that I backed the KS with; hopefully, it is correct.

cryocore
01-13-2014, 05:31 AM
KS backer here. no confirmation email. :sadface:

dawvee
01-13-2014, 05:32 AM
This seems to be a common enough issue, but I'd just like to chime in that I haven't received the confirmation email yet either.

I was linked here by the KS email.

Norf
01-13-2014, 05:35 AM
Same here as well I've yet to get the email confirmation and am a backer.

Slicedice
01-13-2014, 05:41 AM
I have the same issue as well.

FightingFurball
01-13-2014, 05:49 AM
the activation email takes it time it seems :)
about an hour till now. Might be not working :)

tonypiz
01-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Hi there.
I just wanted to add my voice to the "where's my activation mail?" choir. ^^
I used the same mail address I'm using on Kickstarter, by the way.

M.Steiner
01-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Same here I'm afraid.
Registered with the same email address and username as Kickstarter, waited a few hours and still haven't received a confirmation. Spam folder is empty and I've tried the resend option to no avail.

tiredelf
01-13-2014, 06:14 AM
Also chiming in to add that I'm in the same boat. It's been a few hours and no confirmation email has been received. Spam and junk filters are empty. I am using my kickstarter email for the registration.

starlightfire
01-13-2014, 06:34 AM
Same here with no confirmation email :(

macdeath321
01-13-2014, 06:39 AM
Need confirmation, too. Thank you!

Boblafoudre
01-13-2014, 06:43 AM
Same here :-(

SXX
01-13-2014, 07:04 AM
Same problem, don't get confirmation on GMail. :(

Torias
01-13-2014, 07:10 AM
Didn't get the confirmation E-Mail (waited 3.5 hours before posting this). I'm a Kickstarter Backer. Used the same E-Mail address for registration.

Tarquinn
01-13-2014, 07:52 AM
No confirmation e-mail here either.

I am a Kickstarter backer and used the same e-mail address there and here.

Matthew Elliott
01-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Likewise, I'm afraid! Kickstarter backer and I used the email. Thank you!

Maelflux
01-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Same here.

JewAtLarge
01-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Also a Kickstarter backer here, same situation. Used same e-mail. No rush but I am looking forward to diving in asap

Bradison
01-13-2014, 08:34 AM
I have seen nothing yet either. Probably because of massive amounts of people trying to get a confirmation

bobgod
01-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Same here as well unfortunately..

Banefane
01-13-2014, 08:43 AM
No confirmation mail here too.

jpa5n
01-13-2014, 08:46 AM
And here as well. Figuring the rush has died down by now....

Willem-Jan Bertram
01-13-2014, 08:47 AM
And nothing here either unfortunately.

Staklet
01-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Still nothing here as well.

cryocore
01-13-2014, 09:22 AM
I have seen nothing yet either. Probably because of massive amounts of people trying to get a confirmation
Well, that may be the case but:
a. They know how many backers there are.
b. They set the time table and sent the emails
c. They know how many people have registered
d. Should have planned for this
e. would never have dared do this for the multiplayer version that they focused on while ignoring the backers who were looking forward to the single player game they promised.

Hopefully the game is great, but I have very little faith left in the company at this stage.

Staklet
01-13-2014, 09:26 AM
e. would never have dared do this for the multiplayer version that they focused on while ignoring the backers who were looking forward to the single player game they promised.

Hopefully the game is great, but I have very little faith left in the company at this stage.

Yup, unfortunately I feel the same way. This was probably the last project I'll kickstart in a loooong time.

Ansob
01-13-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm guessing whatever email server sends out the confirmations is dying under load, but no confirmation here either.

Saxeh
01-13-2014, 09:54 AM
No confirmation here, either.

Bootsy81
01-13-2014, 10:01 AM
I a backer in the same situation as the rest here, no confirmation email I'm afraid.

alpha
01-13-2014, 10:03 AM
same here

xwormwood
01-13-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm waiting too, Kickstarted this, got the email about the steam code, and found nothing here.
Even wrote as requested to the help email-adress, but until now i didn't received any answer.

"If you have any problems, don't freak out! Contact us with your user name at help@stoicstudio.com and we'll get it fixed. We'll be on-call to fix any issues as soon as possible."

Guys, at least a little info here in the forum should be possible, this wouldn't hurt too much, and wouldn't take much more than appr. 5 minutes of your precious time.

inazuma74@gmail.com
01-13-2014, 10:14 AM
I am patient - I figure I can wait several hours for a confirmation code, considering the game can't be played until tomorrow.

CLiM_84
01-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Have not received the confirmation email either. Looking forward to confirmation and getting the Steam key today.

tentus
01-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Same here, still awaiting the confirmation. Am not super worried about it, I figure this is why they sent the email out several days in advance.

Ubik
01-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Same here, still patiently awaiting confirmation email.

smilingokami
01-13-2014, 10:53 AM

Seriously?
A) Sure, they have a list and can count so totally right
B) They have it on their calendar I'm sure and we all got the email that the game was coming out on the 14th, so once again totally right
C) Yes they know how many people have actively been involved on their forums instead of waiting til the last minute, so once again totally right
D) I'm sure they said, we'll throw the dice and hope that only a handful of people would sign up early and our email machine from 1990 will totally be able to handle a bajillion emails when everyone freaks out that they have to make an account on our website to get our game when it comes out, so maybe your right?
E) I see a lot of people complaining about the multiplayer, which is a much more difficult thing to program, and isn't something that can just be tacked on to the single player, which in turn makes the single player better and more robust (i.e. crash less, and just overall more optimized) I don't see how they have ignored their backers that were looking to the single player game. Hell I gave them my money as quickly as I found out about it because I believed in them which is what kick starter is all about. If you think they decided one day that "Hey, we can make more money by just making it multiplayer and totally ditch the story that we said we were writing" then what the hell is this tuesday release all about.

Okay, sorry, I'm a jerk, but this was a little cathartic for me, please know it comes from a good place, but after trying to sign up and seeing all these emails, I just get frustrated with my fellow humans. I'm not trying to be an apologist for StoicStudio (why studio and not studios), but WE (and I count myself in this) WAITED TO REGISTER AT THE FINAL HOUR, and there is a lot of us, and things happen. Be patient, we'll all get a copy soon enough.

tl;dr - I got upset about all the emails freaking out they didn't get an email for a steam key and wrote a bunch of stuff that I should have probably deleted.

Cryocore, please accept my apology. I hope that we all enjoy the game and while I haven't been as anxious for its release, I know that others REALLY want to play it because it look SO GOOD and its like seeing that huge box under the Christmas tree that you just know is the full decepticon constructacons set so you can play with devistator that you just want to peak a little but end up ripping a big hole in it and getting disappointed that its some other thing, but I digress. I totes get it, but just have a little more faith, and patience.

Looking to fight like a viking like everyone else.

Banefane
01-13-2014, 11:00 AM
I donīt care either, because i have some tests to write and the least what I need is some distractions from this game...But donīt misunderstand me. I still want the game^^!

jaysquared73
01-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Backer here too!

chriskarpetas
01-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Haven't received the confirmation e-mail

Slimsy Platypus
01-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Just so everyone knows - even after you get your key the game does not release in Steam until tomorrow midday. They're is no advantage to getting your keys now, yesterday, or tomorrow morning. We're all excited to play, so let's try to be patient and have faith that Stoic will get through their support backlog as quickly as they can.

OPantsman
01-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Hey guys. 2 hours now, no confirmation e-mail. Checked the spam and trash. Help a backer out?

meiam
01-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Hehe I see I'm not the only one with this problem, I guess it doesn't really matter when I get the key so long has it's before tuesday. I used the old forum board, but never used this one, I was wondering if that was part of the problem, but I guess not.

Good luck with you guy for this week, I'm sure it's gonna be a really busy one! Hope the game does well.

TooBz
01-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Same problem here.

tafferjones
01-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Can't seem to get my confirmation email to come through (KS backer here!)

Gazz
01-13-2014, 01:59 PM
The instructions in the OP are misleading.

What I did:

Register account (same email as with KS).

Wait for confirmation email.

No email.

Re-request email and wait again.

No email.

Think "screw this".

"Log out" of forum.

Suddenly... Steam key.

I never received the confirmation email so this is apparently not a required step.

This also means that anyone can request your game key if they know your email address because the forum login (and the Steam key) go to whoever enters this email address... not to you, who can actually receive mail on that address.

I mean, it works... sort of... but security-wise it's a major screw up.

bobgod
01-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Yes! That worked for me as well!

feralkat
01-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi! I signed up with my backer email, but I can't seem to receive an email confirmation no matter what I do...

Szabtom
01-13-2014, 02:46 PM
The instructions in the OP are misleading.
Suddenly... Steam key.[/list]

Hey man this works! Thanks, big thumbs up for you! :)

xwormwood
01-13-2014, 03:10 PM
THANK YOU, man, you're the best!
Worked for me too!

And hey, Stoic, thanks for nothing...

Chaosmeister
01-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Doesn`t work for me. no email and no Steamkey and I am a KS er also. I am pretty disappointed that I wont be able to play it tomorrow as for me night starts now and I will return home late due to work tomorrow. And then I have to Dl the game with a really slow connection. So thanks for that.

Staklet
01-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Yay, got my steam-key. Thanks Stoic, so excited to play this game!:D

Zrako
01-13-2014, 04:56 PM
I'll add my name to the queue. Signed up with same email as Kickstarter. No confirmation email. Attempted the resend option. Still no confirmation email. I have checked my spam folder and there is nothing from Stoic. We broke your servers ;) Sorry :)

Zrako
01-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Check that. In between posting the previous post and this one I've been upgraded as a backer. Thank Stoic :D

Clare Rix
01-14-2014, 02:17 AM
Thanks Gazz!

callum
01-14-2014, 04:21 AM
So my post here confirms my account and sends out a second email ?

Gazz
01-14-2014, 04:34 AM
Just to be clear:

I never received an email confirmation and never confirmed my email address.
I could be anyone who just happens to know Gazz' email address.

Maybe a moderator/admin manually activated my account. I don't know and didn't ask for that.
In that case he did it on faith that the entered email address was actually mine.

Anyway, the forum profile is "activated" and I got the Steam code associated with this email address.
As long as everyone "behaves", this unusual level of trust works fine...

ged99
01-14-2014, 05:48 AM
I can confirm that logging in and out of the forum is working. My account is still defined as an "unconfirmed account", but I was able to get my Steam key and access the Kickstarter forum. Preloading now. :)

Registered yesterday, no confirmation email received from Stoic yet. Tried resending the confirmation email twice. Checked spam folders. No sign of any email on the server...

dr1ven
01-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Glad to be here, looking forward to playing

DefenderX
01-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Hi, I've sent the administrator a message that I was a kickstarter backer but I just recently discovered that the game had been released. I'm sure I paid for the game and not just for support, but I haven't got access to the kickstarter forum or got download instructions. My mail is the same mail I paid the kickstarter with, I recall that I used paypal.

DefenderX
01-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Would be swell if stoic could spare some time to investigate my case. I can understand that you may be busy people but not responding to customer claims is serious.
I'm even the head of a gaming organization at a university and we planned on writing a game review in the university paper, but maby I'm not as inclined anymore...

raven2134
01-22-2014, 06:10 AM
Have you emailed help@stoicstudio.com?