PDA

View Full Version : The survey. and margin of error.

mcloud357
11-27-2012, 08:10 AM
As a gamer, I really appreciate the survey because of its way to return direct feedback to the guys at stoic.

However, as a criminologist and a person who does have to work with survey results and building the surveys themselves I do have to do say it that the ability to submit another survey (one that is exactactly the same as you just completed) needs to be removed or it will skew your data and not really be a valid source of information, nor a valid representation of the population you surveyed.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to make sure that you guys get good results with a low margin of error.

Sean
11-27-2012, 08:44 AM
As a gamer, I really appreciate the survey because of its way to return direct feedback to the guys at stoic.

However, as a criminologist and a person who does have to work with survey results and building the surveys themselves I do have to do say it that the ability to submit another survey (one that is exactactly the same as you just completed) needs to be removed or it will skew your data and not really be a valid source of information, nor a valid representation of the population you surveyed.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to make sure that you guys get good results with a low margin of error.

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure the team sees this (in case they haven't already)!

mcloud357
11-27-2012, 09:01 AM
thank you, I just do not want some one to go to all the trouble of gathering data and it results in being flawed or unaccetpable due to margin error is too high.

raven2134
11-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I was wondering about this at well. Seemed odd that the same link would work twice. Double counting can't be a good thing :)