PDA

View Full Version : Humble THQ bundle

Troll
11-29-2012, 07:03 PM
For those who know of Humble Bundle already, no need for explanations, just go there (http://www.humblebundle.com/)

For those who do not, Humble Bundle is mainly a platform that regularly offers a bundle of indie games with a Pay What You Want model starting from 0.01$ (1$ for Steam keys since last winter due to abuses with Steam events) with a Beath the Average game (BTA) which is the main game (often the most interestign one) and whose price depends on the average purchase price of all sold units of the bundle.

You can choose to distribute where your money goes with slidebars : the developpers, the Humble Tip (for the logistics and all that) and a chariy, most of the time Child's Play.

The games are often highly rated indies in many categories : Bastion, Limbo, Torchlight, Shank, Super Meat Boy,...

Right now as THQ has a huge axe hanging (from roten ropes) over its head, they are making a Humble THQ Bundle with Darksiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction : Armageddon and Company of Heroes complete (Company of Heroes + Opposing Fronts + Tales of Valor) for 1$ minimum.
BTA and get Saints Row : the Third.

They always add a bonus at midway throught the bundle, which is often from past HiBs or some new games. Considering this is a special bundle, there may, or may not be bonus games.
Bonus games are treated the same a the BTA one, but you get them if you bought the bundle before they are released.

To those interested in more Indie bundles, we have a great thread tracking them with discussions and good useful infos on the Steam forums (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2981458).

AussieMark
11-29-2012, 08:14 PM
i like these things often the money also goes to charity or half half or 100%

Troll
11-29-2012, 08:17 PM
i like these things often the money also goes to charity or half half or 100%

Oh yeah, forgot to add the part about charity and balance slides. Thanks for reminding me.

SharkSummoner
11-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Humble Bundle with a major publisher?!!?!?!?!
I never saw this coming, might actually get even though i already have Saints row the Third and Darksiders on ps3 just for the company of heros. Some people on certain websites are probably pissed about the steam and windows requirements though.