PDA

View Full Version : Techno Viking

Dark Jedi Dave
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
It would be awesome to see him make an appearance (Easter egg?) in The Banner Saga!

For those of you that don't know, it was a pretty popular meme in 2007: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/technoviking

Maybe have him dance around the campfire, inspiring moral and a fighting spirit :D

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/David_Kononen/1232904646_Technoviking-1.gif

I made a crest of him I posted in the crest section, if someone wants to use it!

Ratatoskr
05-06-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm still hoping someone adopts your techno viking crest to put in the game, or Stoic could add it in as one of their standards.

Troll
05-07-2012, 06:55 AM
I'm still hoping someone adopts your techno viking crest to put in the game, or Stoic could add it in as one of their standards.

Make it an unlock for after completing a special encounter for subsequent games / multiplayer maybe.

Puddingpie
07-21-2013, 05:09 PM
As much as I love Technoviking, I hope this doesn't happen. The art is already so beautiful and lush and immersive, I think it would ruin the atmosphere to have a clearly modern internet culture reference in there, even though a dancing Viking in and of itself isn't an anachronism.

I would like to see some dancing Vikings though! Just not based on a meme. Vikings dancing, playing instruments, playing chess (or whatever Vikings play), doing sports, playing with their children, and little kid games like cat's cradle (or whatever is historical)... just normal recreational activities, not only the stereotypical, over-the-top raiding, drinking, and wenching non-stop.

How about that Viking stick throwing game, Kubb?

GreenDread
07-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Ah, so far I'm pretty sure that we won't have just some cliché vikings, that just battle all the time. After all, the story will be about their culture as a whole, not just the warriors.
Yeah, some events about recreational activities would be great. Maybe even a mini-game in one of the later parts.

Though I would vertainly laugh about a techno-viking reference. Could just be a background animation during some kind of festivity or something like that.

Aleonymous
07-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Aye, I wouldn't mind some seamless integration of such Easter eggs and cameos. Perhaps he could be one of the spectators in the Mead Hall or something? Somebody is skinning Bambi there, so why not put the Techno-Viking too?

Leartes
07-25-2013, 06:32 AM
It'd be super funny if they rotoscope him and make him dance around a fire somewhere.