PDA

View Full Version : Renown Bug

AndrewW
02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I played two games today since the game Launched. I won the first, got the 'First Victory' and 'First Win' renown bonuses as well as the general killing renown. I didn't touch any stats, went straight into the next game and won that as well. I gained 7 renown and upon exiting and trying to promote one of my characters, the game is telling me I have only 37 renown!

As if the first game I won, with the achievement bonuses, never happened. This is extremely frustrating, please look into this ASAP!

Andrew

Edit: I have rebooted the game to no avail. I checked the Hall of Valor, and it says I have two wins. How can I have two wins but only 7 more Renown? sigh...

Alex
02-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Andrew, thanks for the heads up. Will look into this immediately!

Flickerdart
02-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Hi,

I played two games today since the game Launched. I won the first, got the 'First Victory' and 'First Win' renown bonuses as well as the general killing renown. I didn't touch any stats, went straight into the next game and won that as well. I gained 7 renown and upon exiting and trying to promote one of my characters, the game is telling me I have only 37 renown!

As if the first game I won, with the achievement bonuses, never happened. This is extremely frustrating, please look into this ASAP!

Andrew

Edit: I have rebooted the game to no avail. I checked the Hall of Valor, and it says I have two wins. How can I have two wins but only 7 more Renown? sigh...
Did you fiddle around with stats? You don't get back the points you deduct from your units' abilities.

AndrewW
02-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Did you fiddle around with stats? You don't get back the points you deduct from your units' abilities.

I did not. All I did was go into the proving grounds to see how many points I did have, and upon seeing around 45, saying to myself 'Okay, another win and I can promote someone! Sweet!'. Then upon said win, losing 7 renown instead of winning it.

AndrewW
02-19-2013, 09:10 AM
I've just linked my Steam account to my forum one, I hope that helps - can you tell me if I should expect the points back or...? Because I feel unable to play anymore, in case if I change the current point value it will skew the results of your trying to fix it.

AndrewW
02-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Well. Upon discussing it in a game, I came to realize what happened. As per what the tutorial said, I can change the name of my nice Advanced unit by clicking the Lore button. What it doesn't say, however, is that it costs FIFTEEN GOD DAMN MO... 15 renown to do this basic action that in most games you get for free once upon recruitment, if not unlimitedly.

There is no confirmation of renown cost, just a tiny banner that I, as a brand new player, can easily overlook. I don't give enough of a crap about my dude's name, I changed it simply because I figured it would be a free process to try and distinguish myself from the rest of the community.

If possible, I would like you to revert my stupid Thrasher's name to whatever norse crap is was before, and refund my renown so I can stand a bit more chance against the army of Advanced characters my group of Basics has to face thanks to your Matchmaking system please.

Sorry that I reported this as a glitch falsely, but in my mind asking for any amount of points for something as aesthetic as changing the name of one of your characters should be a glitch.

John
02-19-2013, 11:57 AM
I agree, there should be a confirmation notice prior to charging the renown. Please note that during promotion the rename is free.

Well. Upon discussing it in a game, I came to realize what happened. As per what the tutorial said, I can change the name of my nice Advanced unit by clicking the Lore button. What it doesn't say, however, is that it costs FIFTEEN GOD DAMN MO... 15 renown to do this basic action that in most games you get for free once upon recruitment, if not unlimitedly.

There is no confirmation of renown cost, just a tiny banner that I, as a brand new player, can easily overlook. I don't give enough of a crap about my dude's name, I changed it simply because I figured it would be a free process to try and distinguish myself from the rest of the community.

If possible, I would like you to revert my stupid Thrasher's name to whatever norse crap is was before, and refund my renown so I can stand a bit more chance against the army of Advanced characters my group of Basics has to face thanks to your Matchmaking system please.

Sorry that I reported this as a glitch falsely, but in my mind asking for any amount of points for something as aesthetic as changing the name of one of your characters should be a glitch.

netnazgul
02-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Yep, ended up with the same thing - didn't know that renaming is costly. Should be said somewhere.