PDA

View Full Version : Thrasher ability vs Raider modded armour

Echlir
02-19-2013, 05:35 PM
I had my raider next to my varl with 2 armour(1+shield bonus) earlier and my opponent used the thrasher ability on the varl. All of the strikes hit, at least no "miss" popped up but he only took 1 armour damage. Now if you have a raider next to you your armour's minimum is 1 so I think all the strikes including the last one targeted the armour and were essentially nullified by the raider passive. I was just curious if this is a bug or working as intended.

raven2134
02-19-2013, 10:45 PM
When there's no armor left, and armor is hit with flail, the shieldwall stays in effect ( if beside the ally) and the armor cannot be reduced to below 1. Meaning the flail hits which go for armor hit but don't do damage. Working as intended, that's the risk you take for using the ability on that kind of target

Echlir
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Actually, I just saw this happen to the same varl without the shieldwall, so I guess there is a chance to hit armour even when its 0, that seems odd.

raven2134
02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Whether the target has remaining armor or not, the flail can hit armor, because the ability is designed to randomly hit str or armor.

If the target has 0 armor or virtually 0 armor (but is buffed by shieldwall), flail stops doing armor damage, and this is as intended.

Again, this is because it's the thought a player should be putting into the ability's use. If the ability behaves this way, then perhaps I should go for a solid str hit instead. However, if I only have 1 wp and 1 str left, maybe I should chance using flail, and by some miracle, do 4 str damage randomly even if the target has 0 armor.