PDA

View Full Version : TBSF wishlist

hewnodinseye
02-20-2013, 04:46 AM
if there isn't already a thread here it is.

shoot off...

more chat options(toggle global chat in battle, ignore, etc.)

ability to see opponents stats if they are not in action.(all stats)

a breathalyzer that doesn't allow you to play if intoxicated(but with overide button).

raven2134
02-20-2013, 04:47 AM
More narwhals :D

franknarf
02-20-2013, 07:15 AM
1. replays and/or spectating (I know they're thinking of linking to or jury-rigging streams in)
2. profile pages ... with rankings, achievements and the replays, and also maybe where you can post your favorite team or your last-used team is automatically placed
3. sufficient success for the game to justify bothering to do 1 & 2!

SharkSummoner
02-20-2013, 08:48 AM
-Dredge Units

-vs AI

-More Support Units

-Disablers

-Net-throwers

-Not having to pay 50 renown to promote an experienced unit bought from the tavern.

-A reduction on the price to promote units

Agata
02-20-2013, 02:05 PM
more chat options(toggle global chat in battle, ignore, etc.)

ability to see opponents stats if they are not in action.(all stats)

a breathalyzer that doesn't allow you to play if intoxicated(but with overide button).

+1 to all of these. Especially equipping Hewn with a breathalyzer :p

+1 vs AI

RobertTheScott
02-21-2013, 12:06 AM
What Franknarf said. Replays and perhaps profile pages.

GreenDread
02-21-2013, 12:29 AM
- more of this awesome norse voice-overs

- but with complete Subtitles For non-native speakers that english with norse accent was hard to understand occasionally. Still awesome!

- profile pages

- cheap base unit tweaking

- Pirate-Vikings

Lazy McCrow
02-21-2013, 09:35 AM
In-Game - When all the stat banners are activated, they should be colour-coded, rather than display the same for units on both teams

erom
02-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Call me crazy if you wish, but it really bugs me that there isn't enough room in the name box to name Skystrikers "Skystriker". I kinda just want to keep everyone named for their class.

lordnine
02-21-2013, 12:51 PM
- More maps
- Longer name boxes
- A 2v2 mode

unkyaku
02-22-2013, 04:04 AM
In-Game - When all the stat banners are activated, they should be colour-coded, rather than display the same for units on both teams

+1 for color-coded banners.

Also:

1) It would also be nice if the escape key always took you back one screen. If I'm looking at a profile in the Proving Grounds hitting Esc should take me back to the roster, not out to the Strand. If I'm reading up on an ability Esc should take me back to the profile.

2) Keyboard shortcuts for the buildings in Strand. Or at least an option to leave the building labels up in Strand so I don't have to keep clicking the ? button.

netnazgul
02-22-2013, 06:53 AM

+1 for color-coded banners.
AFAIR, this was heavily discussed in beta and the majority (or, which is more influental on the game, the devs) came to conclusion that it would clutter the UI. So now units are separated between teams by rectangle color of the tile they are standing on.

piotras
02-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Visible attack range on archers (coloured external borders of the 5th tile).

erom
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Visible range on archers was probably the single most hotly contested thing during beta. There were probably a dozen threads on it. I have always believed the game would be better if they were visible, but it seems like it's unlikely to happen since it was shot down so many times already.

Budikah
02-22-2013, 05:45 PM
1. The ability to click on a unit and see it's stats even if it is not that units turn. Currently you can click and see their movement and damage capabilities but it will only show the active units stats.

2. I'd love a Spearman/Skirmisher variant - Perhaps melee with a special option to throw his spear at an enemy and cripple to reduce movement speed and do armor damage? Net's would be a decent choice too but too much area-denial would make the game a bit less fun.

3. Renown costs... I know they need to be balanced so the game paces itself but it currently feels stagnant... you can't explore or try anything out. It takes about 5 wins to promote a unit... then another 1 to finish adjusting the stats on it. It's about 6-7 wins to get a unit (10 renown) then promote them (50 renown) then upgrade stats (4~ or so)

4. Maps! These maps are awesome but I've come to enjoy the maps with fire and obstacles on them. They spice up the game and strategy a bit.

5. Color coded stat banners as said previously in the thread - sure I can figure out which one is mine but even having one being slightly darker would do the trick.

raven2134
02-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Some things to note :).

2. There will be spearmen, menders, hunter, and berserkers introduced as we approach chapter 1 of The Saga.

3. Achievements, with renown bonuses incoming.

5. Units will be more distinguishable because the family crests will show somewhere in relation to the units, differentiating which clan they're from in battle.

:)

Grits
02-23-2013, 12:56 AM
1. Toggle to turn of the auto-centering camera.
2. Click any unit to see their full banner in the lower left just next to the active units banner.
3. Lots more colors.

Flickerdart
02-23-2013, 01:39 AM
Flickerdart I must be honest, that lightning ability in the video was there because we thought it would look cool. Most menders do not wield that kind of power, nor do they want to. By and large Menders mend, build, correct. Not tear down...least they're not supposed to. ;)
I wish this wasn't so! ;_;

hewnodinseye
02-23-2013, 04:07 AM
ablility to move any of your units around in barracks to any space available within your barracks

netnazgul
02-23-2013, 06:04 AM
A quick suggestion - showing your opponent's Elo and team power when matchmaking (and yours too). Maybe even potential Elo changes if you win/lose against him.

Or all your/opponent stats (win/lose/elo/streak).

stoicmom
02-23-2013, 10:17 AM
+ for hewn. i have three teams and looking for them when swapping is a time and sight challenge. Thanks!;)

Floyd Ryan
02-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Focus only on adding features that go into single player like:

- more ranks/units
- UI polish
- AI (most important!)

BUT:

Try to avoid stuff that adds to the SP experience like story content because many SP folks will never try Factions and miss it.

balnoisi
02-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Arnie
Flickerdart I must be honest, that lightning ability in the video was there because we thought it would look cool. Most menders do not wield that kind of power, nor do they want to. By and large Menders mend, build, correct. Not tear down...least they're not supposed to.

I wish this wasn't so! ;_;

oohh so they did a randy pitchford on us ! ;)

davemo
02-25-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure how technically challenging replays are, but they would be my next most wanted feature, so +1 :)

tnankie
02-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Team swapping (my team of rank 0s, my team of face smash rank 1 melee, my 'balanced team' rank 1 generalists).

Some vague idea of who/what else is in the queue so you can go get an appropriate team. (rough idea of rankings and power level of teams, not specific player or team make up) More important when there are less than X (5?) players in queue.

Archer range display.

Ability to see non current units stats.

sweetjer
02-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Enemy archer range display has been discussed at length in the past, and I think theyve decided to leave that out for the sake of simplifying the interface. There's the fact that it would be difficult to represent the range where the archer is standing vs where they can move to on their next turn, and if only standing range was displayed that may give new players a false sense of security. With multiple archers on the board this becomes even more of a problem. Personally, and I know I have a lot more experience than the average player, I rarely slip up counting squares these days (when I need to count) and can visualize range on the fly most of the time. Not sure if the discussion is still on the table, but for the sake of simplicity, I would probably be opposed to enemy archer range display. Maybe a display of puncture range could be useful, but still might cause the aforementioned confusion.

Grits
02-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Allow us to rearrange the proving ground troops. Looks like a jumbled mess as is.

Also, add the ability to create a list of custom builds. So, when you have a build, you hit SAVE and it adds that specific build (stats and all) to a list. You can name each of your builds and select them with a simple click! Much needed.

RobertTheScott
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Allow us to rearrange the proving ground troops. Looks like a jumbled mess as is.

This seems like something that I would also find useful--and something that I can't imagine being a bad idea for the single-player game, either. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind if the proving ground automatically sorted my troops--as long as the sort categories were clear. By the time I get around to having level 2 and 3 characters, I have a feeling I'll have a large (and potentially very cluttered) roster.

Cerzi
02-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Lots of ideas here that I like, but adding this one:

A "draft" mode, like exists in competitive DOTA. Not sure if banning units has its place, but basically the ability to take turns picking your roster in plain view of each other, allowing you to counter-pick particular line-ups and react to some extent before the game actually begins.

I think it'd help make builds more diverse in the long run, otherwise people will tend towards "safe" builds that work in as many situations as possible when going in blind.

raven2134
02-25-2013, 11:05 PM
:) There are no safe builds!

tnankie
02-25-2013, 11:52 PM
A wiki. Or has one started already? (One that isn't full of ads)

sweetjer
02-25-2013, 11:58 PM
http://bannersaga.wikidot.com/ Still being developed. Started by franknarf. Feel free to contribute!

RobertTheScott
02-25-2013, 11:58 PM
There are two competing wikis, actually!

http://thebannersaga.wikia.com/wiki/The_Banner_Saga_Wiki

and

http://bannersaga.wikidot.com/

The Wikidot one seems to be a bit more detailed, and has more charts (which I like). The wikia site is prettier, but feels more compartmentalized.

sweetjer
02-26-2013, 12:03 AM
I posted the wikidot cause tnankie requested the one with no ads. There is still an open discussion on which wiki should be adopted.

netnazgul
02-28-2013, 04:06 AM
If it wasn't discussed before and wasn't thought by devs, then I'd suggest getting overal/tournament ranking somewhere off the game so that it's possible to look them without needing to start the game.

Grits
02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Extra renown for winS. I think you should get one renown for each unit that survives.

Also, detailed stat tracking.

piotras
02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I think you should get one renown for each unit that survives
if that would be instead of the 1 renown for a win, than I give my +1 to this idea!

Chaokel
03-01-2013, 12:20 AM
1. replays and/or spectating (I know they're thinking of linking to or jury-rigging streams in)

As someone who already streams, being able to spectate would be incredible. Even if they limited the information show to what you would normally see from an opponent for both sides. I would still be happy.

I would also like to see more tournament options, the ability to hold custom tournaments in bracket elim style or round robin. With the buy in cost going towards the prize for the top 3 (possibly allow donations/or spectator buy in to further increase the prizes).

Anything that allows the community to create more content around the game is a valuable addition in my eyes.

raven2134
03-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Chaokel, spectating/replays is something Stoic has said they want to do. It depends on how successful and how much revenue Factions will generate. :)

Aleonymous
07-09-2013, 01:57 AM

I'll drink to that! ;)

SeraphimLoki
07-09-2013, 03:01 PM
-Dredge Units

-Not having to pay 50 renown to promote an experienced unit bought from the tavern.

-A reduction on the price to promote units
it was reduced many times, its just fine now. I still remember at the beggining you could get like 8renown per win and promoting was like 80renown for rank 1 160? renown for rank 2 and 300for rank 3. So stop whining at the prizes.

I need more maps, more units, more people playing the game. And a global chat in game

Slimpy
07-11-2013, 08:11 AM
This may be in here already (didn't read all posts) but the ability to sub one unit for another (which is designated pre-match) or change team order based on the opponent would be good. They opponents can obviously do the same so it might make for some interesting pre-match tactical decisions and double bluffs! It also helps reduce the hard-counter teams, but of course may introduce other unforeseen issues. Nothing worse than getting wrecked by a SA/WH combo on turn 2 with nothing you can do about it.

Aleonymous
07-11-2013, 01:38 PM
This may be in here already (didn't read all posts) but the ability to sub one unit for another (which is designated pre-match) or change team order based on the opponent would be good. They opponents can obviously do the same so it might make for some interesting pre-match tactical decisions and double bluffs! It also helps reduce the hard-counter teams, but of course may introduce other unforeseen issues. Nothing worse than getting wrecked by a SA/WH combo on turn 2 with nothing you can do about it.

Hello Slimpy. I've proposed something similar to this on my first days in the game :D Here (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1438-Initial-Deployment-(-firepit-map-Texas-hold-em-Stalemate-and-double-or-nothing!)) is the post. My idea was similar to yours, i.e. proposing 7 or 8 units instead of 6, and having 10-20 seconds to rearrange/choose which ones you'll keep at the same time as the opponent. The final builds are seen for 10 sec prior to the initial deployment.

Unfortunately, it wasn't met with very positive feelings. I think that the idea of the game is to decide on a build/team that can be generally efficient, just by the way you deploy and play it. Most crazy builds have an anti-build, but sooner or later you'll figure out the way to counter most "tricks".

For instance, for this SA/FA combo, the masters propose this: deploy and advance in such a way that you'll force the opp to waste WP on your raiders (breakers). Make sure that these raiders live long enough to do their job (land 1-2 ABs, maim an SA). In the end, you'll find that you'll have much more WP than you opp and potentially turn advantage too. Just keep you high-ARM units (SBs, typically) away from the front lines!

Slimpy
07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
I can see why you would want to stick to a given team set-up and try to broaden it's effectiveness, but it's depressing seeing the team line up and knowing that you're gonna struggle in the match for whatever reason. It's also something that the map selection has an influence on (e.g. lava map favours three archer teams) so maybe this could be included as well.

On an unrelated note, I would like to see exertion increase the % chance to hit rather than damage when hit chance is below 100% - I dislike the randomness. This isn't originally my idea - I read it on another forum post somewhere a while ago, but I think it would solve the problem of high armour potentially ending up pointless. Probably not the discussion for this forum tho :P

p.s. A Nordic curse upon your American forum spellchecker!!!!