PDA

View Full Version : Client Mismatch

jhoffoss
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi there! I'm excited to start playing again, however, pretty much ever since the very first test for backers I haven't been able to log in via steam. It tells me that my client is too NEW for the server (currently my client is 1.5.74 server is 1.5.70) and won't let me in saying "Client Mismatch".

I just tried deleting local content and reinstalling with no luck.

This has been happening since the first test weekend was over. I have not been able to log in since. I chalked it up to the constant updates, but I'm pretty sure it should be fixed by now. Shouldn't it?

Anyone else have to deal with this? Or have a fix?

Thanks much!
-J

IMMEDIATE EDIT: Ok, I figured it out. I had to opt out of all beta updates. I could have sworn I tried that before, but maybe the fresh install fixed that. *Shrug* FYI, if anyone else has the issue, make sure you're opted out of the QA beta updates! (Mods can delete this thread if they like)

Sean
02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi there! I'm excited to start playing again, however, pretty much ever since the very first test for backers I haven't been able to log in via steam. It tells me that my client is too NEW for the server (currently my client is 1.5.74 server is 1.5.70) and won't let me in saying "Client Mismatch".

I just tried deleting local content and reinstalling with no luck.

This has been happening since the first test weekend was over. I have not been able to log in since. I chalked it up to the constant updates, but I'm pretty sure it should be fixed by now. Shouldn't it?

Anyone else have to deal with this? Or have a fix?

Thanks much!
-J

IMMEDIATE EDIT: Ok, I figured it out. I had to opt out of all beta updates. I could have sworn I tried that before, but maybe the fresh install fixed that. *Shrug* FYI, if anyone else has the issue, make sure you're opted out of the QA beta updates! (Mods can delete this thread if they like)

Thanks for the info and the fix! I imagine other people have and may run into that problem so this will help them out.

HisRotundity
02-20-2013, 09:46 PM
The fix may not be as helpful as hoped. I have a Client Mismatch error message that says that my Client version, 1.5.70, is too old, and that the current server version is 1.5.77. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and I had already opted-out of beta updates to begin with because I only started playing at soft launch.

jhoffoss
02-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Maybe try opting IN then? When opting in I had a newer version. Not sure what to tell ya there!

HisRotundity
02-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Just opted in, and now I'm up to client version 1.5.74. Progress! Currently uninstalling and reinstalling, and I've re-enabled "always update automatically", so I'll tell you what happens when it finishes.

EDIT: No, still at 1.5.74. Oh, well. Perhaps it'll feel like cooperating in a few days.

raven2134
02-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Make sure the game settings are "opt out of betas." Please post if that doesn't sort you out.

jcg
02-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the advice!
I made sure that the setting was "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" (the only other option is QA), and it's still a client mismatch: 1.5.70 vs 1.5.77.

raven2134
02-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Ah, that is because the client hasn't updated now. Please verify game cache. And try restarting steam.

jcg
02-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Thanks again! Verifying the cache worked.

Oh gosh! The game is freaking insanely beautiful! :eek: