PDA

View Full Version : Video/speech subtitles

netnazgul
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Topic title is pretty much self-explanatory.

For more detailed suggestion:
as I'm not native english-speaking (and of course not native norse-or-what-was-that speaking), it's preferred for me to have subtitles for every speech in the games and films where possible. Tutorial is not that hard to listen to (some nordic accent maybe), but having subtitles option for any future videos/speech elements in single player is very appreciative

hewnodinseye
02-21-2013, 05:37 AM
for the hearing impaired aswell

duudee
01-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Topic title is pretty much self-explanatory.

For more detailed suggestion:
as I'm not native english-speaking (and of course not native norse-or-what-was-that speaking), it's preferred for me to have subtitles for every speech in the games and films where possible. Tutorial is not that hard to listen to (some nordic accent maybe), but having subtitles option for any future videos/speech elements in single player is very appreciative

Not only very appreciative but totally mandatory !
I can't believe that in 2014 somebody is releasing a game WITHOUT subtitles ! Why ? Because they're lazy ?
(Sorry, I was born deaf and had a little rage earlier while watching the cutscenes)

raven2134
01-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Tis coming :)

For upcoming patch.

netnazgul
01-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Huh, so I've started this thread a year ago... well :)

Yellow
01-17-2014, 01:29 PM
+1

Not only because the need for those who are not native English speakers , and/or hearing impaired, but also because of those who find themselves forced to play the game almost mute(at night while my gf is sleeping)

flerchin
01-18-2014, 08:47 PM
+1

I feel cheated. The videos on steam show captioning for the cutscenes. I bought the game, but there's no captions! I'm deaf, and now I can't play this game, that looks awesome. Please count each vote in this thread x1000. It took me several tries to register for this forum just to post this.