PDA

View Full Version : WM Ability - Rewording Needed

Grits
02-21-2013, 02:23 AM
So I noticed it's a bit confusing as is.

1 STR + 1 ARM to target

This can be read as 'does 1 STR and adds +1 ARM to armor break'.
This is incorrect as it should be read as 'Does 1 ARM and adds +1 STR to attack.

So, perhaps it should read either:

1 ARM + 1 STR to target and adjacent enemies

or

Additional 1 ARM and 1 STR to target. Hits adjacent enemies for 1 ARM and 1 STR

raven2134
02-21-2013, 02:27 AM
:)

Zahar's suggestion:

Make a strength attack with +1 strength and 1 armor break to the target. Adds 1 break damage to heavy impact (passive) and cannot miss.

Grits
02-21-2013, 02:46 AM

Zahar's suggestion:

Make a strength attack with +1 strength and 1 armor break to the target. Adds 1 break damage to heavy impact (passive) and cannot miss.

That explains it ;)

Bloodaddict
02-21-2013, 05:19 AM

Thanks! From the description I always thought that it just adds 1 break damage to the heavy impact. I did never read anything about the "cannot miss" bonus. I guess it was just mentioned in the forum but not in game? So I agree that the description should be improved! (I only read the description at the promotion screen in the recent release. I only used the WM at the beginning of the beta and thought I am better off with other alternatives so never tried it again...)

Grits
02-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Yes indeed! Also, abilities can't miss...except Thrasher's last hit.

Bloodaddict
02-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Yes indeed! Also, abilities can't miss...except Thrasher's last hit.

Really? Thanks for the note! I neither know that Tempest always hits. (Hard to believe that I played ~100 battles in beta and still don't know all the exact skills...)

raven2134
02-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Run-through's strength hit can miss :) Bird of Prey is 100% hit.

erom
02-21-2013, 12:54 PM
It's actually a bit odd that run-through is the ONLY ability in the game that uses the normal miss mechanic, rather than a special case miss mechanic (like Flail) or a guaranteed hit (like everything else).

trisenk
02-21-2013, 05:11 PM
It's actually a bit odd that run-through is the ONLY ability in the game that uses the normal miss mechanic, rather than a special case miss mechanic (like Flail) or a guaranteed hit (like everything else).
Given that the strength attack is only a third component, after the run-through and armor damage, it makes it pretty balanced and easy to understand.

Grits
02-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Well this way, the armor hit is guaranteed and then you do a normal strike. All this will be pretty hard for the beginner to understand, but once they see it in action should click.