PDA

View Full Version : Surrender, an alternative

tnankie
02-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Greetings all,
This one goes out to all those mid skill players like myself.

Well Stoic like surrender being a complete wipe. Personally I think this is a bad choice, I think any renown you have earned to that point in the game should be kept. However lets assume this is staying as it is.

I am sure you have been there, you've lost the game your opponent has the units left to walk all over you and yet they still take 60 seconds on every move. You surrender and you lose all renown yet they want you to sit there for 4 minutes while they regain willpower (60 seconds to rest a unit, yes they were resting, not timing out) in pillage mode. I had a game like this last night that annoyed me so much I just walked away and left it running.

I would like a yield/concede mechanic that helped finish these games faster. Call it the guilt trip or the "whatever", I was thinking your timer gets cut to 15 seconds while their timer is cut to 30 seconds. Either player can initiate it at any time, but if you initiate it your timer is reduced to half theirs.

The idea being the match ends faster you have just given yourself an additional disadvantage in the hope of moving on.

Flickerdart
02-21-2013, 06:48 PM
I would also propose a "draw" option that one player can propose and the other can agree to - I've had the game break on me once when chat still worked but the units were stuck, and was forced to surrender, losing 7 Renown.

Bloodaddict
02-22-2013, 03:07 AM
Thumbs up for the draw!
I think it was also discussed during beta and said to be implemented at some day...