PDA

View Full Version : BUG! No units on field

Berserkis
02-21-2013, 06:20 PM
This has happened twice now - start a game i see the field but dont see any units and it appears that the other player doesnt/cant see my messages.....I have the game running in the background for the last 2mins and it didnt go anywhere....until the other player left as i wrote this message.....

Jorgensager
02-22-2013, 09:48 PM
From my experience this means the game hasn't finished loading for the other player yet. In other words they are stuck on the loading screen, and will likely show up within a minute. I'm guessing that your opponent assumed the game hanged (or maybe it did!) and force quit the application.

When it's done loading for them, your units will show up with the placement grid, and the "Ready" timer will start counting down. At this point they game is running as normal - your opponent is there, so they can see any messages you've sent up until that point in the chat box.

John
02-23-2013, 02:31 AM
Indeed this can happen when the other person loads VERY SLOWLY. Sometimes I test with one client on my fast desktop and the other game running on my Windows 8 tablet. The tablet loads incredibly slowly compared to the desktop. It's on our list to add some feedback to the screen that is more informative than just an empty battle board.

There are also some known issues with lost connections and drops during the loading phase which can cause hangs. They are on the list to tighten up!

From my experience this means the game hasn't finished loading for the other player yet. In other words they are stuck on the loading screen, and will likely show up within a minute. I'm guessing that your opponent assumed the game hanged (or maybe it did!) and force quit the application.

When it's done loading for them, your units will show up with the placement grid, and the "Ready" timer will start counting down. At this point they game is running as normal - your opponent is there, so they can see any messages you've sent up until that point in the chat box.