02-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Alas!

When i began playing, i had the typical lineup:

2 Archers
1 Trasher
1 Raider
1 Shield Warrior
1 Axe Warrior

I wanted to experiment a little bit (added a third archer) and now i am not able to get my Varl back, which is hurting me in every game. I just don't see a chance to win without my best tank :|

http://i49.tinypic.com/33ylzkh.jpg

Does anyone of you have an advice, how to get my shield warrior back? I don't understand how he could be completely gone without a chance to get back my default lineup.

balnoisi
02-22-2013, 08:04 AM
to add /remove units from the line-up you click and drag the portraits. i think you may have chosen the option to "dismiss" a unit ? that's deleting it.

you have enough renown, go to the slavemarket (not the groceries and cloths market, the other building) look for one big and healthy enough (check his teeth first, don't know why but everyone does it) to serve your purpose and he should be yours in exchange of ten renown, which if i recall properly it's the usual price for unexperienced ones.

realedwin
02-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Yes! He was lungering around in the mead house, hiding from battle. I thank you so much, my friend :D

StandSure
02-22-2013, 08:44 AM
LOL balnoisi.

Yeah this happened to me too yesterday (oddly enough also to my Shieldbanger). I was messing around in the proving grounds and clicked the rename icon in his profile (bottom center). When I realized I couldn't do anything there, I blindly clicked "Dismiss" thinking it was "dismiss window" (like cancel), probably because cancel buttons are typically in the bottom right corner of stuff, and it was the only worded button I could click (I'm sure there was an X in the upper corner, though). Now, mind you, a very dramatic confirmation window popped up, but I quickly clicked to confirm it without really reading - my fault. For some reason I thought that the wording was so dire just to be in the spirit of the game, and didn't read it carefully! My bad. If I hadn't been in a rush I would not have clicked through. Lesson learned, cost me 10 renown to hire (buy?) a new guy.

Zordian
02-22-2013, 02:00 PM
But did you not lose the kills he had?

When I did tha same an hour ago with an archer her kills where 0.

But I did it before even doing a match.

StandSure
02-22-2013, 02:19 PM
But did you not lose the kills he had?

Yes. But since I hadn't promoted him yet it was okay, it won't take too long to get back 5 kills. Any others kills were gravy, he maybe had 9.

Zordian
02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
I figured it be harder to get kills with an archer so I have asked if they could reset my account.

I havent played any yet btw

StandSure
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I figured it be harder to get kills with an archer so I have asked if they could reset my account.

I havent played any yet btw
Let me assure you: archers are the deadliest units, especially for beginners. Probably my Shieldbanger that I lost is my least deadly, since he absorbs a lot of hits and I mostly use him for armor hits. My archers are good for 2-3 kills per game, easily. They do the mopping up. You'll see. :)

Zordian
02-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah tried two games and the two archers have done 5 kills in total in 1 loss and on win.

Flickerdart
02-22-2013, 10:18 PM
If you promote one of the archers to a Skystriker, keeping them alive will be easier - enemies will not charge them, for fear of running into Rain of Arrows!

Zordian
02-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Thats a good tip I think about that when I have enough renown to promote my second

shipwreck
04-09-2013, 04:18 PM
How were his teeth when you found him again? ;)

Kletian999
04-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Someone a few days ago claimed they were able to dismiss their 6th unit without enough renown to hire a replacement. I don't know if they ever got around to contacting you guys for help, but I think there should be a check against going less than 6 units.