PDA

View Full Version : Fullscreen Performance (Windows)

Floyd Ryan
02-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey there!

I'm still getting very bad performance in fullscreen mode, very laggy input etc.
Is there a fix for this?

Flickerdart
02-23-2013, 12:41 AM
The issue's come up a few times during beta and "disable full screen mode" was the advice given, so I don't think there's another solution. What's your hardware, and has this happened before?

Floyd Ryan
02-23-2013, 06:37 AM
I know, but "the public" will not be amused playing in windowed mode and find it distracting myself (emails etc.).
The hardware cannot be the issue: i7 870, GTX 670 OC 2GB, 16GB DDR3, SSD
Luckily i have a macbook to play Banner Saga Factions. I had the problem on Windows from the beginning of beta. However, i have not played for a while.

I am simply afraid that this will make a wrong impression on many players and the press. Quite unnecessarily.

franknarf
02-23-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm sure they're doing everything they can to address known latency issues before too many folks are exposed to them. Personally, I've gotten in the habit of running whatever game I can in windowed mode (to see the clock and not have weird things happen when I multitask to my secondary screen). Y'know, TBSF's window is unusual in that it can still be maximized.

Floyd Ryan
02-23-2013, 10:15 AM
As long as i can fall back to my macbook it's ok. But almost all gamers are windows users playing in fullscreen and, well, it's the internet... But if i am the only one having this issues then there's no need to deal with this asap! If, on the other hand, it is a common windows problem then i'd humbly suggest do delay public release until this is fixed. Otherwise this will be all people will talk and complain about, which doesn't leave the best impression for potential customers. And i'd like to see lot's of folks supporting Stoic&TBS.

The New Romance
02-23-2013, 11:20 AM
I noted input lags several times, but I believe it has more to do with my laptop than with the game. At least, the shitty thing has problems with a few other current games as well, even though it shouldn't. Might well be the input lag doesn't stem from my machine overheating, though, but rather from the game - I don't know.