PDA

View Full Version : AoE build?

Flickerdart
02-23-2013, 12:44 PM
I don't have enough renown to try this yet, so I'm throwing the idea out for others to pitch in on.

It seems (to me, at least) that the game right now is concerned mainly with coordinating many attacks against a small number of targets - wearing down armour so your archer can nail 'em on her coming turn, for instance. Because of the Horn and Pillage, the emphasis on wearing down many units at once has receded somewhat, but I still think it's a decent strategy.

Since turn advantage is a huge deal, it seems to me that hitting multiple units with a single turn is a very valuable thing. Warhawks and Warmasters are quite good at it, and Siege Archers and Backbiters can do their part too. At higher ranks, Skystrikers also shoot multiple arrows (that was the plan, I think, anyway). Is there any effective way (say, WH, WM, SA, SA, BB, BB) to leverage this sort of tactic effectively, using your moves to grind down chunks of the enemy team before striking them with focus fire when you've crippled them enough?

Wordplay
02-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Well, there are lots of tricks that you can do with the Siege archer. There was a particularly bad one, which you may remember - combo two War Leaders with two Siege archers, and set off the Slash and Burn using Forge Ahead. Stoic eventually had to change the way both Slash and Burn and Forge Ahead worked.

A good one at the moment is to combo a Siege Archer with a Provoker - this is a good tactic on most maps, but is absolutely lethal in the Great Hall (with the firepit). There a Provoker can block a Varl, making manoeuvre without going over the firepits impossible, and a Siege archer can gut the opposing force while they try to break out.

That the kind of thing you had in mind?