PDA

View Full Version : Lag time and animation are costing me turns

zaqcruze
02-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Not sure if anyone else has had a problem with this. I will admit I'm on a low quality laptop on a sketchy wireless network. However I don't think that should dampen my ability to play the game, especially with the networking corrections that seem to be in place.

What happens is the animation where the actions the character can take roll out, but animation lag makes it take 5-10 seconds. This eats up a significant amount of time. I know it's by choice, but I want to play on expert and get that extra renown. I don't think it should cost me games. It's not every time, but it occurs enough that I'm losing games because of it, having my units take no actions when I double check ranges. Please, please set it up so I can toggle those animations somehow.

In the spirit of toggles might I also suggest that every time I log on I shouldn't have to click the ? to get the area titles and I shouldn't have to click the toggle each combat to see the health and armor bars. I want those to always be on. Maybe not everyone feels that way, but my assumption is that an always on/off option would be worth looking in to.

raven2134
02-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi zaqcruze, have you tried playing in windowed mode - via the settings?

ctrl-shift-f is the shortcut.

Budikah
02-24-2013, 04:08 PM
I know this sounds rude but re-read what you wrote...

I will admit I'm on a low quality laptop on a sketchy wireless network.

I know it's by choice, but I want to play on expert and get that extra renown.

Those two issues are your choices or situation. Turning animations off isn't a bad idea - but there would still have to be a delay or it wouldn't make sense to play with them on - even for people who didn't lag as it would be the quickest way to ensure you don't waste seconds moving.

The ? and toggles I agree upon - it'd be nice if it was a setting that could be saved. Otherwise... just try your best to fix your network connection and turn everything else but the game off and run it in windowed mode.

davemo
02-24-2013, 05:02 PM
+1, experiencing this as well even on a decent PC

Mumm
02-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Please check out release notes for performance fixes http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1067-Build-1-5-106

djangoc
02-27-2013, 08:42 PM
The wheel that comes up when you select a character needs to be instant. I lost 3 turns earlier and I ended up dying 1v1. If I hadn't lost those turns I most likely would have won.

Mumm
02-27-2013, 08:48 PM
djangoc please check out this thread for the UI issue you mentioned http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1001-Unit-overlay-UI-animation-is-very-slow-(and-frustrating)