Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What is Told

A fantastic conclusion, I've thoroughly enjoyed our glimpse into the Banner Saga's lore- and can only hope for more in the full game. Will we meet these characters or are they purely flavour for the world for the fans at the moment?

Next Monday may just feel a little empty without my weekly does of the Banner Saga!

Very well written and entertaining. Any chance we will be seeing Hafr's staff or torn book as equipable items in game? Doesn't have to be crazy powerful or anything, but it would be a nice little Easter egg. I mean, it's not like Hafr is going to need them anymore, righ?

I did not see that one coming

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Very well written and entertaining. Any chance we will be seeing Hafr's staff or torn book as equipable items in game? Doesn't have to be crazy powerful or anything, but it would be a nice little Easter egg. I mean, it's not like Hafr is going to need them anymore, righ?
    Hah! Sylvan, I love it. Consider it done! Hafr may not need them anymore, but the Menders do not usually like to leave their tomes lying around for any untrained eyes to read...but perhaps the old Mender was waylaid on his way back to the city as well? We shall see.

edit from Alex: he wasn't.
    Last edited by Alex; 06-12-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Really enjoyed these, a nice intro to some of the setting. Definitely didn't expect that ending.

I have to agree with everyone and say that these have been great. I don’t really know how I feel about the ending though, not that it was bad or anything, I’m just a sucker for a happy ending… Well, at least now I know not to trust everyone I meet in the game

I have to say the ending was unexpected but fits perfectly, good job guys!
    "...And upon that banner you write down your deeds so that you cannot forget."

Just to reiterate what others have said, I enjoyed these a great deal and look forward to more of these to get more glimpses into the world you guys are building. Very enjoyable to read, great flow and I can tell you are having a good time writing them.

the english major in me...second para: "Finally, mercifully, the varl stepped back and quietly sat on the rock he must have been propped up against before Hafr HAD* emerged from the trees."
    Also, Bersi's last line should have quotations marks.

I enjoyed the story very much--a nice glimpse the game world. I do feel sorry for poor goat, however, and
    wish he could have made it. I guess adventures really are not all riding ponies in the May sunshine.

Huh. I wish this had been posted before the Kickstarter ended, because I'd have pledged more. The lore for this game sounds like it's going to be incredibly interesting, and I wish there was a lore book I could buy.

Also, if I meet any of the high-ranking Menders, I'm going to punch them in the face.

The short story was great to read. Is there a chance we'll get more?

If a whole book was written in this world, I'd buy it for sure!

13.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #53
    The Banner Saga Chapter 1 should feel just like this. As far as a book is concerned, I'd read it to! I doubt Alex will have time for such things until after Chapter 3 is wrapped up though.

I loved this prologue setting the context and hinting to this wonderful mythology of The Banner Saga. Will What is Told be accessible somewhere in the game for us and for others to read? Would be nice with or without illustration! I just feel it would be such a shame if non forum goers never got to read this and be able to fall in love with The Banner Saga. You've already taken such care with this short story, please take that extra step!
    Last edited by raven2134; 11-07-2012 at 10:38 PM.

I just read all five parts and enjoyed it, it has started giving me some insight into the story that will be told. It is well written although the switches in character perspective were sometimes a bit confusing. As a writer myself I tend to limit those to chapters or other more clear divisions. For example, in this story the first four parts could have been told from Hafr's perspective and the final one from Bersi's.

The story does a good job of setting the mood that I was expecting from this game and I really look forwards to playing the single player campaign (even more) now.
    RK/Magnus on Twitch
    @thewritemagnus on Twitter

Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    Very awesome! Well written!

I am very curious to see how the menders will fit in the story, and also if this human vs. varl enmity/mistrust theme will be explored.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3