Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Build 1.5.107

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Build 1.5.107

Build 1.5.107 Release Notes
    Bug Fixes:
    • Battle: Several sources of battle hangs were mitigated:
      • Entering battle to a user who has already exited and never seeing them arrive
      • Battling and then quickly rematching causing a start of battle hang
      • Surrendering twice causing a hang in match resolution
      • Opponent exit now forces a surrender more reliably. This can take up to 90 seconds if they suffered a hard shutdown or total network disconnect. We will add some visual feedback including a countdown timer to let you know this is happening in the future
    • Remaining player should now always gain renown when opponent drops or surrenders
    • Improved server performance

Changes:
    • Versus: Added explanation of how matchmaking works

Known Issues:
    • Elo Achievements don't show up until the battle _after_ you trigger them.
    • Client Version Too Old
      • Restart Steam to fix the issue

General Notes:
    • The game always writes log files into $HOME/tbs_logs/. You can access this or email it to us for bug reporting

KNOWN WINDOWS ISSUES
    • Crash on startup
      • Reinstall the game through Steam
      • Reinstall the game to a different folder if the above does not work
    • Steam Overlay unavailable
    • Terrible performance in fullscreen
      • These are both fixed with the following steps:
        1. Right-click the following
        2. Choose "Settings..."
        3. Ensure that "Enable hardware acceleration" is clicked
          NOTE: This does not work with the Chrome browser

KNOWN MAC OS X ISSUES

• The Steam Overlay functions intermittently on Mac OS X
      • If you load the game without the Overlay, simply restart the game and it usually appears
    • Crash on startup on Mac OS X
      • Remove the folder "/Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework". If you need to reinstall Adobe AIR, visit this link: https://get.adobe.com/air/

For previous updates, see the Patches & Updates section.
    Last edited by John; 03-07-2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added the last bit about old patch locations

very important: The flash fix only works with Internet explorer (maybe Firefox) but not Chrome. But it works! Fixed overlay, input lag, and framerate issues in windows.

https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post15555
    Last edited by Floyd Ryan; 02-27-2013 at 07:55 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks, I just updated the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Ryan View Post
    very important: The flash fix only works with Internet explorer (maybe Firefox) but not Chrome. But it works! Fixed overlay, input lag, and framerate issues in windows.

https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post15555

ELO achievements slow trigger still operational confirmed , but it seems to also be the case with the kill streak achievements (at least the 25 one).

Edit:
    Suggestion; Make the league tables rank equal scores with the first to reach that high score first, in the tables where it makes sense... that is, for example, the all-time win streak board.
    Last edited by Jorgensager; 03-01-2013 at 07:53 AM.

REF: crash on startup bug on Windows -- is there a reason a particular folder may have this issue but not another? Assuming there is enough space on the drive, the folder has read/write rights, etc.

If it's any help, deleting the ".swf" files from /assets/town/ and /assets/town/strand seems to reduce the % of crashes to about 50% which is livable. -- or maybe it's just my dumb machine. I assumed you were constructing the swf to make loading faster and there was a bug there, so now it's slower (imperceptibly) but crashes less.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    That is a fascinating finding. I assume that when you enter Strand you no longer see animations like townspeople and troops walking, banners waving, etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by deroude View Post
    If it's any help, deleting the ".swf" files from /assets/town/ and /assets/town/strand seems to reduce the % of crashes to about 50% which is livable. -- or maybe it's just my dumb machine. I assumed you were constructing the swf to make loading faster and there was a bug there, so now it's slower (imperceptibly) but crashes less.

You are correct. I suppose I was so sucked in the action of the game, I haven't noticed the missing animations . Obviously, now the log complains about the missing swf and its parts, which causes the game to crash sometimes. But I don't get the infamous "AnimClipDef.cacheFrames AnimClipDef{_id:"vfx_soldiers_wall", _url:"town/strand/vfx.strand.swf/vfx_soldiers_wall", _numFrames:982} is too large, giving up at frame 191/982 after MB=50" error --