Thread: Achievements

Achievements

Hi everyone,

I downloaded and tested the game yesterday and so far I really loved it. Without having seen all units yet I don't want to discuss mechanics yet. But I found the achievement system could use some improvement. To me the current achievements are pretty dull (achieve a number in something). I'd prefer some achievements that directly tie to what you do ingame. Like "fell a full strength unit with the thrashers special ability", "fell 2(3?) units simultaneously with the warbirds special", "overkill a unit by at least 10 damage" etc. Surely such achievements are more fun to hunt than playing normally until you suddenly get notified for winning the hundreds time.

Welcome!

Things you mention are coming

There are a number of steps that will be done for achievements.

1. Hooking them up to steam so they show in the profile
    2. Adding more new and awesome achievements
    3. In game building to view achievements
    4. Feature to sew achievements into in-game banner to show to players

There was a suggest an achievement thread during beta, and the testers know where you're coming from! It's coming, will just be a bit of a wait.

I don't know if it's readable for everyone, but the beta thread on this was here if you want to take a look-see.

Thx erom . Sorry busy handling some stuff due to the server down. I need to be linking stuff more, but that's Gud's specialty...I'm the chatter-box.

Oh gosh, this would be another steam game that need to be completed, let this achi so I (hope) will end it soon :F

You'll surely not getting it that easy - concerning the 2000 elo achievement, which is huge
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Quote Originally Posted by Leartes View Post
    Hi everyone,

I downloaded and tested the game yesterday and so far I really loved it. Without having seen all units yet I don't want to discuss mechanics yet. But I found the achievement system could use some improvement. To me the current achievements are pretty dull (achieve a number in something). I'd prefer some achievements that directly tie to what you do ingame. Like "fell a full strength unit with the thrashers special ability", "fell 2(3?) units simultaneously with the warbirds special", "overkill a unit by at least 10 damage" etc. Surely such achievements are more fun to hunt than playing normally until you suddenly get notified for winning the hundreds time.
    The simple achievements are in there because they were easy to implement (they run on numbers already in the game). Stoic has expressed intent to add more varied achievements once they can code in some more stuff. Right now, though, their focus is on calming the stormy network seas, and after that, will probably be on rank 2 and 3 units and banners, so it might be a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandos88 View Post
    Oh gosh, this would be another steam game that need to be completed, let this achi so I (hope) will end it soon :F
    Xandos--I'm not sure what you mean here, but the idea behind Factions is for it to be an ever-evolving game; never completed, because always being improved.

How about this for an "Achievement":

Craven: Surrender five matches

For cards and art prints, visit my Celtic Art Print Gallery: http://ian-herriott.artistwebsites.com/
    "Like" me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...51218704893987
    And view all of my Banner Saga Crest Designs on tumblr: http://gaelvin.tumblr.com