Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Thrasher Ability Breakdown: Probabilities

Thrasher is a great skirmisher and flanker, I prefer using him that way. It's a matter of taste and strategy to choose between BB and TH - they are both good at flanking, have a lot of movement and have good penetrational abilities (I love that 6 movement + 3WP hit!).
    But you can't strategize solely on those units I think.
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Quote Originally Posted by netnazgul View Post
    But you can't strategize solely on those units I think.
    In fairness, my favourite "strategy" so far is "run up with a Warhawk and hit Tempest".

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    My favorite is that the game is frequently called "Fractions", even by press. I guess there is more math involved than most games.
    Watch out for copyright infringement!
    https://twinbeard.com/frog-fractions

I don't think it has to be a take it or leave it. True it's not a precision play unit - but I hardly ever played it like a precision play unit. I played it expecting 2 str damage - which the probability distribution shows to favor and for chip damage when maimed. I think people got used to playing the TH as if he was supposed to hit 3-4 str damage for 1 willpower consistently, but based on that conversion, it far surpassed many rank 1 abilities even saying that it's situational and requires formation.

... but that was due to guaranteed extra damage on adjacent allies, which made him a definitive 3-4 armour-ignoring dmg per WP. Rather than removing that mechanic altogether it got even more complicated, with the outcomes very often being simply annoying rather than rewarding to the player.

Ehh, will give Thrashers one more try but the more I play the more I hate this unit (and I don't use that word often). What suck even more is that it was my favourite class and at least a single TH was a must in my (mostly raider-heavy) builds, now I just can't stand the guy.

Haha...if Janus had SA's I guess it was TH for you .

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    Haha...if Janus had SA's I guess it was TH for you .
    kinda I never played the famous 2x WM 3-4 TH build however But I loved to have a good mix of raiders, and 1 or 2 TH were a must. I think I enjoy the formations etc. much more than range play with archers. I also loved the 2xRM, 2xTH, 2xSTR build.

I guess that's why I get so annoyed with thrashers being so unreliable. What these statistics don't get into account are variables like: how often do you miss 1 or 3 damage? Missing 1 damage when you're solo is less annoying than trying to synergise your other raiders tasks like armour break or archer harassment for the past few rounds to work in concert with the TH just to see him miss on the last 3-point shot OR do 3 break on the last hit to a dude who is already stripped off armour but gets it from the raiders shield wall passive... I know what I'll do, I'll have a piece of paper of my own and see how many times my blood boils when I see the outcome of my thrasher's hits

Honestly, this is so annoying I will probably stop playing raider-based builds because TH was a like the centrepiece of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jofr View Post
    Watch out for copyright infringement!
    https://twinbeard.com/frog-fractions
    Frog Fractions is EPIC!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2