Thread: Ability rank

Ability rank

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else but I couldn't find anything with the search engine. I was wondering how you increase the rank of your special abilities on characters. Is there a required number of kills after the first 5 to increase the rank?

5 kills and the promote banner should appear on your unit's screen. click that and then spend 50 renown to upgrade. hope that helps

If you are talking about rank 2-3 I think those were not ready when I last checked.

No i mean after you have promoted the unit, they gain a special ability and when you click on the purple button to view it, it shows multiple ranks of that ability. I want to know how to get to those higher ranks of the ability, not the character.

ah many thanks Zordian

Wait... I thought exertion stat effected that?

vvv Mmmm ok. Makes exertion a lot less tempting to take now.
    Last edited by djangoc; 02-28-2013 at 10:49 PM.

I don´t know for sure since I have not played beta maybe it does but only when you have rank 2 and 3.
    Rank 1 cost 1 WP Rank 2 cost 2 WP and so on.

Right now exersion only limits how much willpower you can use for an action. Movement and then attack i.e. a unit with a current willpower of 6 and exersion 3 could move 3 extra and add 3 extra willpower to the attack.

I have played against more than one thrasher that attacks 6 times with BlF, which should only be possible with a Rank 3 BlF. Any ideas?

Anodai, does the thrasher swing more than 6 times or do more than 6 damage? The last hit gets +1 for every ally adjacent to the thrasher

There was definitely more than 4 numbers. It has occurred to me that were I not paying close attention, I could have mistaken the flurry of numbers from a thrasher attacking a shieldbanger as more than 4 attacks, especially if the last of the 4 attacks missed, as this would result in the display of 6 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by djangoc View Post
    Wait... I thought exertion stat effected that?

vvv Mmmm ok. Makes exertion a lot less tempting to take now.
    Believe me, exertion is still a very relevant stat... moving farther and/or being able to make BIG attacks should the chance appear is not something to be talen lightly.

But yeah, we're all anxious for rank 2 and 3 special abilities!
    Alea Jacta Est

Banner by StandSure - thanks a lot!