Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: change resolution

Question change resolution

hi there!

when I launch the game fullscreen it has a strange resolution... it's like the game is in 4:3 when I have a widescreen TV (on 1280x720) and it's cutting the higher and the lower side of the image, like it's offscreen.

no problems with this, but the location of the buttons is changed: graphically the button is there (or the tile, or everything) but to click the buttons I have to go slightly up with the mouse, like if the mouse is biased.

I thought it was a resolution problem, but I can't find the resolution settings anywhere.

what can I do? thanks!

There's been a similar thread here:
    https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...Cut-off-screen

Basically Factions requires vertical resolution of minimum 768px.

oh damn. this sucks.

my TV is HD ready so I can't set it to 1080p without having a huge degradation of the image... :/

are you planning to fix it in the future?

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Next build we will support 720 vertical.

So, I'm running on 1080p (1920x1080) but the screen view isn't that large. I can't see the whole maps and the chat window is often in the way. I tried changing the resolution by various means but no change. I'll provide a screenshot to show you my viewing area.

2014-08-11_00001.jpg
    Last edited by Abel; 08-11-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    So, I'm running on 1080p (1920x1080) but the screen view isn't that large. I can't see the whole maps and the chat window is often in the way. I tried changing the resolution by various means but no change. I'll provide a screenshot to show you my viewing area.

2014-08-11_00001.jpg
    That's weird; your view-area is so small for such a big resolution... Are you playing in full-screen or windowed mode? In my case, windowed-mode works as expected, and full-screen is fine in my 1680x1050 monitor.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Hey Aleo ! Yes, it's fullscreen! Windowed mode actually downsizes it more. It's not unplayable, but really not confortable! And I have to close the chat window :/ !

You could try experimenting with the following launch-options, accessible by: Steam > Library > R-Click on TBS > Properties > Set Launch Options.

Code:
    --fullscreen true
    --fullscreen false
    --width XXX
    --height XXX
    where XXX is the dimension in pixels. For the last two settings (width & height) to function, you must also enable windowed mode, e.g.:

Code:
    --fullscreen false --width 1910 --height 1070
    Another thing you could try is pressing CTRL and using the mouse-wheel to "zoom" in and out. Normally, zooming-out in that way leads to a clipped screen, but it might help in your case. This CTRL+Wheel feature is available in most Flash-based applications.

Finally, please make sure that you have hardware acceleration enabled (check "Known Issues" in this post: https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1790 )
    Together we stand, divided we fall.