Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mini-Compilation of Known Unit Info

Sorry, I forgot that the spearmaster class was revealed previously when we got our first look at Ludin.

It looks like characters are limited to one item slot at the moment. My guess would be that if you click that 'plus' symbol, shown on Tryggvi's empty item slot, it brings up a menu of available items for you to put in the slot. We can see that the plus has disappeared on Iver once his item slot is filled. I'd guess that you can click on the item to bring up the menu to exchange items.

I suspect that we'll be seeing items in Factions eventually, once they've been balanced.

I think that we will get the Champion, in the single played at least. Wasn't the Champion referred to by Stoic recently, not long before we were discussing his possible ability?

Looking at the first fight shown in the travel trailer, I can see an ability icon active on Iver's portrait that we've not seen before (as far as I can remember). Apart from the spearmaster, all other units shown on that screen have known abilities. Perhaps this is a clue?

I wonder why the featured spearmasters have been built with comparatively low armour and high willpower? Might this give us a clue as to their abilities? Previously I have speculated that their passive would damage units that passed through a square adjacent to them (or maybe just finished on a square adjacent to them). I'd expect the Spearmaster to be able to increase this damage by spending WP (and thus function very similarly to the Shieldmaster). Or perhaps their ability is a strength based return the favour.

I didn't notice the icon on Iver's portrait, but could it maybe be from an Item?
    For cards and art prints, visit my Celtic Art Print Gallery: http://ian-herriott.artistwebsites.com/
    "Like" me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...51218704893987
    And view all of my Banner Saga Crest Designs on tumblr: http://gaelvin.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
    Looking at the first fight shown in the travel trailer, I can see an ability icon active on Iver's portrait that we've not seen before (as far as I can remember). Apart from the spearmaster, all other units shown on that screen have known abilities. Perhaps this is a clue?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaelvin View Post
    I didn't notice the icon on Iver's portrait, but could it maybe be from an Item?
    After a brief chat-room discussion with Slimsy Platypus, we concluded that this debuff (negative effect) that Iver suffers must be something related to his STR being lower that his starting one. Looking at his stat-banner, you see a skull-ring symbol next to his STR. Perhaps he entered the battle already injured, or has some curse/poisoning on him? All the opponent units are regular ones and none of them has such an ability. Also, it must not be related to morale, as Iver has the debuff on the high-morale example, but not in the low-morale one...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

That's a good bit of detective work.

Hmm... curious. Well, no doubt all will become apparent in about 8 weeks.

We have now been exposed to 19 total characters from the single player Saga! (which is now up to 22 following the edits!). It's pretty amazing to see the variaety we are going to get to play with in combat! And there's even a bit more to come!

(?)Raider
    (2) Thrasher - Mogun (travel trailer), other unnamed (travel trailer)
    (1) Backbiter - Onef
    (1) Raidmaster - Egil
    (1) Grudgewielder - Ekkill

(?) Warrior
    (1) Wardog - Hakon, as seen in the media gallery
    (3) Warhawk - Bersi, Gunnulf (presskit), Sigbjorn (filename of site image)
    (?) Warleader - potentially (1) we see with Ubin (narrator) in the Factions tutorial
    (?) Warmaster

(?) Shieldbanger - potentially (1) we see with Ubin (narrator) in the Factions tutorial
    (1) Provoker - Fasolt
    (1) Shieldmaster - Mogr
    (2) Strongarm - Iver, Griss
    (?) Champion

(?) Archer
    (1) Skystriker - Oddleif
    (1) Siege Archer - Ysra
    (?) Bowmaster
    (1) Sharpshooter - Alette

(?) Landsmen
    (1) Hunter - Rook
    (1) Warden - Eirik

(1) Spearman - Tryggvi (travel trailer, also see as a spearmaster)
    (1) Spearmaster - Ludin

(1) Berserk - Bolverk (presskit)

(1) Mender (possibly?) - Eyvind (travel trailer)
    Last edited by Slimsy Platypus; 12-03-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Great write up, Slimsy. Some notes & corrections:

• Berserker -- His name is Bolverk (release PressKit portraits -- Tatski, is Tatski )
    • Tryggvi -- He is also a Spearmaster (according to Travel video-trailer)
    • Thrashers -- One of them is called Mogun (in the above video)
    • Warhawks -- I think we'll see another two WHs. A green one called Gunnulf (release PressKit portraits) and a red one call Sigbjorn (its the filename of the red-WH at the classes webpage)
    • Typo at champion
    • Eyvind the Mender? Juno will surely show up, too, no?
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 12-03-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Forgot Eyvind!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Great write up, Slimsy. Some notes & corrections:

• Berserker -- His name is Bolverk (release PressKit portraits -- Tatski, is Tatski )
    • Tryggvi -- He is also a Spearmaster (according to Travel video-trailer)
    • Thrashers -- One of them is called Mogun (in the above video)
    • Warhawks -- I think we'll see another two WHs. A green one called Gunnulf (release PressKit portraits) and a red one call Sigbjorn (its the filename of the red-WH at the classes webpage)
    • Typo at champion
    • Eyvind the Mender? Juno will surely show up, too, no?
    Thanks for helping me clean up a bit! And whose to say Tatski isn't a berserker?

In the pre-order "Insane Viking" video, it appears that Ludin (not Tryggvi!) uses his ability to push back a Dredge 1 tile and then to the side 1 more. The sideways motion seems like it could be due to terrain. The Dredge takes damage in this process 1, then 2, before dieing. Ludin appears to be level 1. This could be very interesting information for the Spearmaster active. I must say it seems to function similarly to how I thought it would, but stronger. Though I sort of figured the bleed would occur on the enemy's movement, not the pushback.

Quote Originally Posted by Esth View Post
    In the pre-order "Insane Viking" video, it appears that Ludin (not Tryggvi!) uses his ability to push back a Dredge 1 tile and then to the side 1 more. The sideways motion seems like it could be due to terrain. The Dredge takes damage in this process 1, then 2, before dieing. Ludin appears to be level 1. This could be very interesting information for the Spearmaster active. I must say it seems to function similarly to how I thought it would, but stronger. Though I sort of figured the bleed would occur on the enemy's movement, not the pushback.
    I also saw that in the video. I think the movement by the recipient is the dredge slinger passive ability which causes them to run away after being struck (as we saw them do that in the combat trailer as well).

Definitely interesting info on the Spearmaster - 1 damage on initial hit, 2 damage on knock back, and 2 damage from "bleed"

Quote Originally Posted by Slimsy Platypus View Post
    I also saw that in the video. I think the movement by the recipient is the dredge slinger passive ability which causes them to run away after being struck (as we saw them do that in the combat trailer as well).

Definitely interesting info on the Spearmaster - 1 damage on initial hit, 2 damage on knock back, and 2 damage from "bleed"
    I think the initial hit is strength armor hit and then papa. In this case the spearmaster had 3 strength and the slinger had 8 armor. So it would elicit 1 damage (so it is probably the same as bird of prey in that it always does some damage). I could be wrong though, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimsy Platypus View Post

You are probably right about the sideways movement. At first I thought that maybe the pushback always tried to do the full range, like the movement caused by Malice. If it is due to slinger "passive", it seems much more in line with what i expected. A very strong and interesting ability, but dependent on how far you can push and the opponent's repsonse.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4