Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mini-Compilation of Known Unit Info

Came to comment on the new info on the landsman - unsurprisingly Aleonymous got there first.

I would add, it seems very likely that this is a class, and not a position, as all the other characters are listed with a previously known class, except the narrator, whom I believe is a special case.

Incidentally, I'm not sure it's the best place, but whilst I'm here, I'd like to take the chance to compliment Stoic on their new website. Very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Guğmundr View Post
    I don't know, but I'd say that's a good bet! Either that or "Landsmaster". Makes me wonder if there'll be a "Mendmaster"...

Actually, do we know for sure if there will even be "master" promotions for the new classes? I mean, it would make sense for the trend to continue, but it will be interesting to see whether it does or doesn't.
    Well I think Stoic mentioned long ago that they plan on keeping pure upgrades for each class (Maybe they were referring to Factions 4 pure classes, since not all were released at that time). I'm hoping that they do so with the remaining classes, I'm very curious about the "landmaster's" active ability since they mentioned that pure classes' ability will feel like a direct upgrade or a skill that will best complement the base classes' passive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatski View Post
    I'm very curious about the "landmaster's" active ability since they mentioned that pure classes' ability will feel like a direct upgrade or a skill that will best complement the base classes' passive ability.
    Indeed, that was --partly-- the case with the "Factions 4":
    • Shieldmaster -- Bring the Pain is an improved version of Return the Favor (more AB to the attacker)
    • Warmaster -- Sundering Impact is an improved version of Heavy Impact (more damage to adjacent enemies)
    • Bowmaster -- Bird of Prey is an improved version of Puncture (more range -- it could do more damage at the same range, mind you)
    • Raidmaster -- Stonewall is not a direct improvement of Shield Wall, in the sense that it doesn't grant any bonus to adjacent allies.

Now, Landsmen have the "Light Step" (move thought allies) passive ability... How could that be "extended" with the Landmaster's ability? Move allies in your turn? Move through enemies too?

How about simply a bonus of some sort based on how many panels you moved, or even a bonus to allies that you move through? There's a lot of ways you could incorporate mobility into an active skill.

Assuming that 7 base class is final for TBS. Looks like we wont be seeing Berserkers. Based on the trailer and what stoic released, we have yet to see Berserkers in action.

Tatski, I think we are gonna see Beserkers afterall! There was a character portrait released with the original announcement, behold Bolverk the Beserker:

Also, I think the footage from the announcement trailer were kinda oldish too, meaning that perhaps not all new units were "polished enough" (at the time) to be revealed.

EDIT -- Link to download the portraits is here.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 11-09-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added link to "Download the press kit with stunning character art"

Awesome! So we're getting at least 8 base units, Menders and Spearmen saw a bit of action on the trailer. I was concerned that they dropped it. Can't wait!

Behold a sneak peak at a new upcoming class from the website revamp... queue the Warden!

I love the art for Bolverk the Beserker. I especially like how he's sawed off his horns. It makes him seem ever more savage than the other Varl.

Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    Awesome info! Thanks for getting all this together!

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #51
    Quote Originally Posted by quartex View Post
    I love the art for Bolverk the Beserker. I especially like how he's sawed off his horns. It makes him seem ever more savage than the other Varl.
    The berserks all break their horns off for story reasons you'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    The berserks all break their horns off for story reasons you'll find out.
    I guess it's also practical. Imagine having several of those berserking giants banging their heads (or was that the Wardog ) together? Their population would have died out long ago due to poked eyes and extensive head injuries, so there would be no new units for us!

13.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #53
    Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    We've got more surprises in store too!
    Last edited by Myll_Erik; 11-15-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Trample the weak - Hurdle the dead

This speaks for itself - stealthy addition I noticed to the site today...

Attached Images Attached Images

Check out the new travel trailer for some more information.

We appear to get confirmation of the spearmaster class (widely speculated, never before confirmed as far as I know). The breakdown of the spearmaster and wardogs' stats, information about items...

And most interestingly, a hint at units promoted beyond rank 3, or at least capable of using abilities above rank 3 (check out the stat screen for the spearmaster, top line).

The effects of an item, a unit specific promotion, or rank 4 promotions across the board? Personally I'm inclined to the unit specific theory...

FYI - The spearman unit was also shown very briefly at around 1:06 in this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF8c0BhkH0E

This was from Austin Wintory's Facebook page. Hopefully we'll get more video of the music recording sessions later.

OK, here are the Spearmaster's stats (glimpsed here @2min27sec, for a very fraction of a second).

This character is called Tryggvi (Ref: Tryggvi the Pretender) and has a cool mustache and hairstyle too. The latter is anime-like Notice that Rank 1/4 purple-stat?

And, here are the Spearmater's stats (glimpsed here @ 1min05sec)

This character, Ludin, has been present at stoicstudio.com, here.

The stat's sum match, i.e. Tryggvi's (rank-1) stat-sum is two points lower than Ludin's (rank-3).
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 11-22-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Added Ludin
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Unfortunatley we also saw this:

Confirming, without a doubt, that Iver is indeed a Strongarm. Hopefully this doesn't mean that we will no longer be getting our fourth Shieldbanger promotion! Will be interesting to see if there is indeed a "Champion" in our futures.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimsy Platypus View Post
    Confirming, without a doubt, that Iver is indeed a Strongarm. Hopefully this doesn't mean that we will no longer be getting our fourth Shieldbanger promotion! Will be interesting to see if there is indeed a "Champion" in our futures.
    Dunno... We can still hope that Strongarm is just a placeholder-class for Iver, until the Champion class is finalized/balanced & revealed to us. Besides, the PGs/sprite art and the ability are not really "tied together", so perhaps this guy will be our Factions' Champion to come!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Sorry, accidental double post.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 11-23-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast