Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: We want to see your crests!

Here's one that I have in progress that I probably throw up later as an adoption. Don't really know whether to turn it cthulhu-like with wings, or change it around a bit into a mind flayer. Bad thing is, it could go both ways and I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go.

Well, Illithids are actual, copyrighted material for Wizkids, so I wouldn't go that route. Too much chance of it getting rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckvader View Post
    Quick Question when are the crests due?
    Stoic hasn't started to accept submissions for upload yet... I expect they'll make an announcement here and/or do another Kickstarter Update when that's ready to happen. In the meantime we have time to play around with ideas. There're a couple of threads in the Kickstarter sub-forum to help folks with their Crest designs.
    For cards and art prints, visit my Celtic Art Print Gallery: http://ian-herriott.artistwebsites.com/
    "Like" me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...51218704893987
    And view all of my Banner Saga Crest Designs on tumblr: http://gaelvin.tumblr.com

Finally my internet allows me to do this!

This is my crest of the Sandfire. It's not entirely in keeping with the Viking theme, but Sandfire has been my fantasy game stronghold/guild/ship/ideology go-to for over a decade now. It represents transformation from hardship and arduous journeys, and eventual apotheosis. The flames on either side of the sun are meant to be Promethean in nature.

In Banner Saga, through its depiction of an eternal sun blazing down from up high, it'll represent an acceptance of a changing world and an understanding that men too must change. (At least it will to me, haha.)

Oh, because this bears mentioning, my crest was designed by Jessica Pfeffer, a good friend of mine from gaming! She's amazing.
    Last edited by Eberict; 05-13-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Eberict, i was wondering where your logo came from nice to get some insight behind it!
    "...And upon that banner you write down your deeds so that you cannot forget."

Haha, it is nice to know others were thinking about it. I'll admit, though, I was almost ready to break tradition when I saw your raven. I have a soft spot for crows and ravens, and Jessica does amazing animals (not surprising since her job is about drawing dragons and mythical beasts), so it was really tempting.

The gods are dead ... Odin's Ravens, Huginn and Muninn, now serve the Longship.

It may be slightly too complicated; i'm working on simplifyin' it.

My crest is an illustration based on a photograph I found in a book of viking art that really stood out to me. The caption in the book read that it was the end of a tent post found at an archaeological site. Any guesses on what creature they were trying to represent? Some kind of sea monster?

Last edited by nerfski; 05-31-2012 at 07:13 AM.

So I finally got around to making a few crests. These are traced from the crest of my Scottish clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    So I finally got around to making a few crests. These are traced from the crest of my Scottish clan
    the second looks nice, i'd be tempted to make the cross more windy/twirly , make it look a bit like a wooden cross (i'm not a fan of straight lines :P )

Well, I've been fighting with this for a while, but I think I've got something I'm happy with.

After making it I thought, "It's got something very Aku from Samurai Jack about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas The Dead View Post

After making it I thought, "It's got something very Aku from Samurai Jack about it."
    just my thoughts!

Here's my first attempt.

A little busy; I need to tweak it.

Here's my work - probably not suited for a Crest But I like it nontheless

It shows the tree of life and the triple moon, two pagan symbols I favor the most. The raven is my personal sigil I use as Avatar most of the time ;-)

Here is a smaller version, maybe better suited if this is not too flimsey.

Any hints and tips for tweaking are welcome. I work with Photoshop and started to use Illustrator
    The original file was a handdrawn line-art - done with pencil and then scanned.
    Last edited by Rhian; 05-17-2012 at 05:58 AM.
    "One must have seen true darkness before one is even able to recognize light." - Rhian

Just wow to your work Rhian, it would be quite a sight to have a forged steel crest like those.

Wow, such nice crests. I have no artistic talent so I had to search for what I wanted. It's just a stylized version of the Chinese character for tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by SinoSamba View Post
    Wow, such nice crests. I have no artistic talent so I had to search for what I wanted. It's just a stylized version of the Chinese character for tiger.
    But it's a very handsome tiger/creature. Definitely a crest I'd consider using, actually.

Mine looks a bit weird, I think I will need to tinker with it. I might have to settle for one of the wolf heads or something. It's the device of my SCA Household, Wulfcynn (we are a saxon household).

Last edited by Ezaviel; 05-25-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Just wow to your work Rhian, it would be quite a sight to have a forged steel crest like those.
    Thank you Troll
    Well, if that is possible I would be pleased to see this in game if not, I will get a cloth-print on one of those huge "celtic cloth" thingies and put it on a wall at home.
    "One must have seen true darkness before one is even able to recognize light." - Rhian

Here is my crest, a tribute to my cat Taro Tarosen, a great warrior of the forested regions from whence he came. His scarred visage only hints at the carnage he had witnessed, endured and caused.

Last edited by Taro Tarosen; 05-26-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast