Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: We want to see your crests!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

We want to see your crests!

As part of both the single and multiplayer experiences of the game, players will get to choose a crest to represent their family or guild. We've already seen tons of player crests being created even though the game isn't out yet.

If you've made one, post it here and tell us a little bit about it!

As a quick reminder, here's the template you'll want to base your designs on: TEMPLATE
    Last edited by Alex; 04-30-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: added template link

Going to use my avatar as mine, ripped off a certian TV show, but love it

Stelly

I'd love to show you guys my crest, but I can't figure out where to upload custom avatar images. NeonDragon/Jessica designed mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    I'd love to show you guys my crest, but I can't figure out where to upload custom avatar images. NeonDragon/Jessica designed mine.
    Up near the top, you should see "Settings". Click that and then go to "Edit Avatar" and you should see options for using your own custom aavatar.
    Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Up near the top, you should see "Settings". Click that and then go to "Edit Avatar" and you should see options for using your own custom aavatar.

I see "edit avatar", but no option to upload my own. I only see the "Do not use an avatar" option, and the dropdown boxes for selecting a pre-made one.

Edit: Could it perhaps have to do with the user rights being set up so that regular users can't upload custom avatars? Just a guess.
    Last edited by Kimberly; 04-30-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    I see "edit avatar", but no option to upload my own. I only see the "Do not use an avatar" option, and the dropdown boxes for selecting a pre-made one.
    Whoops, I'll fix that up right now... okay, it should be working now. Let me know if you do (or do not) see the option now.

Here is my Swan. I love Finnish mythology and Swans were sacred animals. Those who would hurt swan would meet their own death, and black swans were usually tied to death, doom and underworld.

Here we are, now I can show off my banner of the enlightened with pride!

Nice swan, KEK7go. I especially like the swirl in the wing, plus yours has some backstory.

Mine for now and in comments is this "silly" version that the backers who read the comments will understand. In game there will be no hat or monocle.
    I know the voices aren't real... But they have some really good ideas!

Monocles and Tophats make everything better. Pitty they are not in the right time frame with vikings.

Also Thank you Kimberly!

I have a very rough one at the moment, currently my avatar. I'm still refining it.

The dragon loop is a reference to ouroboros, while the book and sword represent the "saga" and combat portions of the game, respectively.
    Last edited by Postal; 04-30-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Sorry it's pale and blurry. It's a scan of a printout, just got a new computer and haven't gotten the original image files moved over yet.

Anyway, it's a bindrune I designed for myself using anglo-saxon runes. Hidden in it are sowilo, kauno and and mannaz.
    Last edited by the_steve; 04-30-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Sometimes laughter is the only weapon we have.

I'm planning to use this, either in its current form or tweaked slightly.

It's the crest of the Japanese royal family and doubles as the national symbol. Crests are important in Japan and tend to look fairly innocuous in any setting, so they lend themselves well to this purpose.
    Last edited by Loki; 04-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.

I'll be fighting under the Banner of the Imperial Squirrel or Ratatoskr for short. Essentially a non-dapper version of my avatar, with another crown where the top hat is.
    Sadly I don't have that one on an url and I promised myself I'd use the dapper one as my avatar so unless I figure out a way to paste simple images this will have to do.

I'd love to be able to say that my crest is based off Ratatoskr, the squirrel that lives on Yggdrasil, but that's actually just a happy coincidence. It's really from a running joke I have with my brother about squirrels taking over the world, and the design is based off a family emblem I made him as a stamp a few years back.

I'm still tweaking mine, but I think I've got it pretty close to what the final version will be. I was trying to avoid either an animal or a weapon, as a lot of the ones I've seen are those, and then I remembered the scribe in the promo video writing on the banner, and I thought, "a quill and inkwell would be perfect," so here we are:

Mine is from the lovely Jessica Peffer as well. My last name is Sharkey, so naturally I wanted a cool shark design, and she delivered!

Last edited by Sharkey; 05-02-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Mine's based on the name Foster, a shortening of the word Forester.

I'm probably going to make more crests as well, once inspiration hits.
    Last edited by Foster; 04-30-2012 at 09:01 PM.

I think this will be one of my favorite threads- I loved seeing all the awesome crests on the KS comment page!

I'm thinking of a li'l backstory where, like the forums earlier today, my li'l group's village was razed to the ground. All that remained after the carnage were four birch trees standing at the center of the village, miraculously unharmed... kind of a "remember what you've lost; fight to regain what's been taken from you" t'ing for the people to rally around.

Possibly pie as well.
    Pie crest. :D

My crest was inspired by Orlanth from King of Dragon Pass, it's kind of simple but I think it's pretty neat and fits the theme of the game.

This is actually an old guild crest of mine when I was going to be the Guild Leader for "The Vengeance Agenda" which was our old UO/EQ guild that was getting ready for Shadowbane...

We were making a Temple of the Cleansing Flame guild (basically Templars, Confessors, etc) and were ready to purge the wicked! Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view), I took my first game dev job at Wolfpack Studios and could no longer lead the guild any my co-leader actually became a Community Manager at Ubisoft (who was publishing the game) so he couldn't either. So while we had a good pre-game presence, the guild never made it to launch.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast