Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: We want to see your crests!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWaterSong View Post
    I am still looking around if their is a simplified phoenix I could use, but I am going with this one for now.
    Thanks to gaelvin, I now have this pretty one:

Oh and I hope the sun makes it in as well. I love that image, and while the phoenix is my personal thing...I think the sun disk really fits the game.
    Last edited by DarkWaterSong; 05-28-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Well, after some thought, maybe my first choice for submission may not get approved... lacking norse? So I threw together a longboat out at sea as backup submission. And, hey, if my first choice gets passed, I could throw this up for adoption.

So are you guys just using MSPaint to whip these up or what? Am I missing something?

Mostly for me, I hand draw the initial image, or a series of pix, and scanned them into Photoshop. Sometimes I'd pull a number of images from google to give me ideas for the finer details, or sometimes slap them together to make a new image. Anyways, after all that, I throw them all in illustrator ( used to be freehand, until all our towers were replaced with corporate-controlled ones ), and just vector the pieces and parts together, adding detail and overlapping lines. After saving all that as a final eps or illustrator file, I drag that back in photoshop and raster the final image, with minor tweaks here and there.

I know I take a lot of extra steps than most people here, but that's what I'm comfortable with. Granted, I normally don't do this except every once in a while compared with obviously better artists found here.

Wow.

Yeah. I think I'll just wait.

Something somewhat simple. Just wanted a zero design.
    Last edited by myherozero; 05-30-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Your image isn't working for me at the moment, though maybe other people are getting it.

not seeing the image either

edit: i assume however that it's your avatar
    "...And upon that banner you write down your deeds so that you cannot forget."

Turned my GFs dog into a viking design.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro Tarosen View Post
    Here is my crest, a tribute to my cat Taro Tarosen, a great warrior of the forested regions from whence he came. His scarred visage only hints at the carnage he had witnessed, endured and caused.

Cool concept, only suggestion I have is to make the teeth and scars a little bit bigger/thicker so they're more noticeable across the field. (Look at your avatar as an example size.)
    Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris...

@Bluur Japanese Chin, nice

I've always really liked foxes so i thought i would have one on my crest... I have a few different versions but they all basically look like this.

Thanks for the tip.

Anyone know if they are taking crests yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Snerf View Post
    Anyone know if they are taking crests yet?
    I'm pretty sure they said they'd send out an email when they were actually taking crests. As it is I think they've only put out the template so far and we're all just getting ready for when they actually do start accepting them.

Thank you so much gaelvin! It looks so clean and sharp I really appreciate you taking time to make this. I tried to set it as my avatar and profile pic too. Thanks again!!

I am worried that the one I intended to use might be too complex now

This is a design I created back in '99 for a tattoo I got on my chest. It's been my own personal sigil ever since. Having it on a banner in-game would be amazing.

By the masterful Gaelvin:

It is of one of Odin's ravens, Huginn "Thought". Based on a similar tattoo on my back, it depicts Huginn capturing his life line with the runes Uruz "Persistance, survival", Perthro "Unknown, prophecy, magic" and Algiz "Strength, courage". In Viking culture it was believed fate was determined and your life line was set by the 3 norns. Personally, even though I accept the concept of fate I choose to fight against it, making my own way in life. Thus I have Huginn who represents thought in the act of taking his own life into his own hands, no matter the outcome and going forth into the unknown with courage.

So as a tattoo, I thought it fitting for a banner in a game where it seems like a tribe of people are about to do the same.
    "If this was Monopoly, you'd hate me..."

Quote Originally Posted by lamaz View Post
    I've got four currently, going to use the one from jessica in the game though.
    Shoot. This is going to make my own crest design process more challenging than I anticipated.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast