Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: We want to see your crests!

see avatar. Snarling sabercat.

Here's my crest design. I'd love some feedback, its a Thor mask/face. bannersagabanner.jpgbannersagacrestlogo.jpg

I'm willing to help others too! Just let me know!

Awesome design, and the banner colors (gold on purple) work very well too. Thanks! I hope more of you guys post their crests here.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Awesome design, and the banner colors (gold on purple) work very well too. Thanks! I hope more of you guys post their crests here.
    Thanks! I really appreciate it! I'd like to see more crests posted as well.

For a "sneak peak" of the crests & banners, you can check out the contents of this folder. However, I'd like the members to formally introduce their banners & crests, like you did, jpackard.

My contribution (very loosely based on my family's crest, featuring martlets):
    heraldry_5073.jpg

Nice one, Geburah.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #168
    Indeed very nice new crests guys!

At the last minute, I made my Coelacanth! See Avatar. I'll try to make some more variation banners.

I really wanted to make a Jellyfish or even the mighty Tuna but I don't have much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Violentvixen View Post
    Oarfish! Because Oarfish are crazy and really do look like something out of mythology.

It needs some cleanup and a lot of detail won't work once shrunk down, but the general idea is there!
    FELLOW FISH BUDDY! *High Five*
    Last edited by Haruna; 12-02-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
    My contribution (very loosely based on my family's crest, featuring martlets)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruna View Post
    At the last minute, I made my Coelacanth! See Avatar.
    I like how the animals in your crests are stylized so that they fit in the nordic theme of the game. I am referring to those spirals decorating their body/wings etc. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I like how the animals in your crests are stylized so that they fit in the nordic theme of the game. I am referring to those spirals decorating their body/wings etc. Well done!
    Thank you kindly, I struggled with my design for ages. I just made an outline of the fish, put the basic details like gills and made a portion of this spiral, then just put it wherever seemed good:
    CLcltspirals.jpg
    I hope you'll use my fish :3

Thank you kindly, I struggled with my design for ages. I just made an outline of the fish, put the basic details like gills and made a portion of this spiral, then just put it wherever seemed good: I hope you'll use my fish :3
    So many good options, that we (non-backers) will have a hard time chosing! Your actual banner design and colors also look very nice...

Last edited by Aleonymous; 12-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.

jpackard and Haruna, I love what you guys have done. Both look great and the color choices are nice as well.
    Let the Sleeping Dog Lie!

See my album of Banner Saga crests here. Many thanks to everyone who displays my work!

Here's my one:

That's a mean devilish toothy horned grinning crest The colors look nice, but I think that your design needs a little "polishing/rounding", meaning that it looks somewhat pixelated & rough-around-the-edges.

well, it's not the cleanest design I've ever crafted, but I rather like it. I wanted the design to look "loose" like it was painted quickly with a single wide brush.

the mythology in my head is that it's the symbol of a band of mercenary warriors brought together under an ill omen. maybe they are survivors of an attempted conquest that took them far into a southern region where they learned respect for scorpions and barely made it out alive?

anyway, enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steak; 12-03-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    well, it's not the cleanest design I've ever crafted, but I rather like it. I wanted the design to look "loose" like it was painted quickly with a single wide brush. the mythology in my head is that it's the symbol of a band of mercenary warriors brought together under an ill omen. maybe they are survivors of an attempted conquest that took them far into a southern region where they learned respect for scorpions and barely made it out alive? anyway, enjoy!
    I like the concept. The colors work well with the scorpion. Was an option for black-on-yellow, to better fit the actual colors (bug-on-sand)? Although the setting for Banner Saga is mostly Nordic, you back-story adds to it Vikings that have traveled to the other side of the world to see bizarre things, like seas of sand!

Well, the real life Vikings ranged from modern day Greenland in the north, to Iran in the east, and, to Turkey, Italy, and North Africa in the south, so it's not that far fetched.

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #179
    Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    You folks have created some kickass banners so far! Well done!
    Trample the weak - Hurdle the dead

FELLOW FISH BUDDY! *High Five*
    Ha, thanks.

I'm quite happy with the final version:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast