Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: We want to see your crests!

Trying to decide which of these 4 I like best, though the 3rd and 4th are probably too complex. Also working on a 5th banner.

@ Arafel: I'd say the third one is probably too complicated but the fourth might be doable. Once you get it black and white only you can see. But that or a more colored first one would be my vote.

And seriously, is it possible to just paste pictures somehow or do they have to be online somewhere?

I feel that this is a good banner for my city

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    @ Arafel: I'd say the third one is probably too complicated but the fourth might be doable. Once you get it black and white only you can see. But that or a more colored first one would be my vote.

And seriously, is it possible to just paste pictures somehow or do they have to be online somewhere?
    yeah i meant to upload the black versions of the first 2 , it's fixed now.

you have to upload your pictures somewhere before you can post them here

Here are the first 4 I've created:

"Not all those who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

And here are 4 more! If anyone wants to use one for their submitted crest, You can download the full size on my Flickr page! (click the image)

"Not all those who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by arafel View Post
    yeah i meant to upload the black versions of the first 2 , it's fixed now.

you have to upload your pictures somewhere before you can post them here
    Well then my vote is definitely 1st or 4th, though the second is cool too. You might consider putting the ones you don't use up for adoption for people who can't or don't want to make their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    Well then my vote is definitely 1st or 4th, though the second is cool too. You might consider putting the ones you don't use up for adoption for people who can't or don't want to make their own.
    Thanks for the input, I do intend to put the unused banners up for grabs.

If I was creative I would have totally made a crest! Instead I opted for a poster for my $50 donation haha.

My crest will be my avatar; made by Ian. Link to his site is in my sig.

I wanted a animal not too many people think about when considering Vikings and I though a bull would be a good idea.
    Thanks Ian for the avatar! From:
    http://gaelvin.tumblr.com/

well. i also went a little crazy with the amount of crests i tried... i have my avatar, which i currently plan to submit... and those here up for the taking, if someone wants to adopt one...

you can see them in full detail (vector, and an additional crest. i just resized them as pixel to put on here) at mkcrest.tumblr.com
    Last edited by moritz; 05-01-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Jessica is making my crest; however, she hasn't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully she isn't burnt out on crests. I would totally understand if she was.
    Last edited by Cathmore; 05-01-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Thinking something based on Odin like a one eyed face, thoughts?

Mine, done by Jessica, was based on the classic legend of the 8 legged stallion mothered by Loki (whatever else you say about Loki, he was clearly open-minded), Sleipnir.

Last edited by Avantre; 05-01-2012 at 04:41 AM.

Hey Guys,

Absolutely loving some of your crests and banners, wish I was creative

Stelly

My current design is set as my avatar image, but I'm not very happy with it yet. I used to draw this: a lot as a kid in school. So rather than going with a wolf skull, axe head or world serpent wrapped around Yggdrasil (as the serpent around the staff in a caduceus) I figured I'd try to create something that (hopefully) won't already have dozens of other similar crests from the 4000 odd people who get to submit theirs.

I figured that since trefoil designs are fairly Norse, I'd start with three blades instead of just the two and then try to figure out some way to make that look interesting. I got this far on my initial attempt: . Ernie (otterpoooka) helped me out with it some, suggesting the wavy whitespace along the blade edges and opening up the gaps between the blades as well. The current iteration is from trying to get the whitespace on the edges to suggest a wavy ocean (I tried to put a longship on the waves but can't draw one well enough to make it look remotely good on such a small area) and the rest is just trying to get something that suggests the Odin horn symbol.

Cygnus constellation (swan).

Here's mine, drawn by myself. It's just a quick draw for the moment, will improve it these days. And it's my beagle, old and fat dog
    Last edited by Skitnik; 05-01-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: wrong url

< My crest was designed by the ever talented Jessica. I like otters, but they seem to get ignored as a heraldic animal often, I guess they dont scratch or bite people.

Here is my current crest

and the White monocled version

Next I'll try a helmet with a beard.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast