Thread: Movement

Lightbulb Movement

Hey all^^

made a quick search but didn't found nothing about this. I think that would be better if during the movement phase you would have the possilbility to choose where to go, I mean when the blue area appears and you select the square you wanna go to, I think you should be able to "personalize" the path.

Example: I was fighting in the map with the fire line in the center, that was a last man standing between my archer and his shieldbreaker, and this was the situation (sorry for bad picture, did the best I could :F):

Red spots: Fire line
    Blue spot: My archer
    Green spot: Destination

I basically wanted to take advantage of this situation, keeping distance from my enemy while harassing with arrows but instead of taking the path on the left with no fire game forces me to take the path on the fire.

So why not let us know where to walk? Or just dont remove the move command after you move for a single square, that would solve the problem too, we could even try our fortune when you know there are invisible stun trap, and so far we can't avoid them.

Cheers^^
    Last edited by Xandos88; 03-01-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    "Ezechiel 25:17..."

Xando...click on tile, then click on another tile. You can waypoint. That is how you would do it.

oh god... fail thread xD
    "Ezechiel 25:17..."

Heh, there's a number of topics of this

You're able to choose 'waypoints' around which your path will be build. What you do to choose how to go:

- press the tile you want your path to go through (do not confirm your movement at this stage) you will see that the available movement tiles got reduced but you are still albe to click other tiles
    - choose your final destination
    - confirm

To see a video of this and other useful tips I would advise switching the upper right banner icon (while in the city of Strand main menu screen). This will bring a page with some basics and links to the tutorial and advanced tutorial videos which I highly recommend to check out.

EDIT:

so in your situation, you would first click on the tile to your left and then click at your final destination to go around the flaming tiles.
    Last edited by piotras; 03-01-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandos88 View Post
    oh god... fail thread xD
    Don't feel too bad, you're like the third person to make this thread

I liked the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by erom View Post
    Don't feel too bad, you're like the third person to make this thread
    Heck, for that matter, I *knew* how this worked, have used waypoints many times in the past...and I *still* screwed it up in this morning's tourney game.