Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thrasher Buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Gramalian View Post
    The only thing that really needs to change is the ability of the thrashers ability to hit a pool that isnt there. I had a 1 hp thrasher use its ability on a warhawk who had 0 def( 1 from shield wall) and all of its hits hit the empty armor pool. That is just not ok when just 1 hit to HP would of stopped the hawk from killing on his turn which was the next one. In short, the ability should ONLY hit armor if there is natural armor in the pool, not +1 from shield wall.

That way you can control the ability a bit by lowering the targets armor down to where he has more hits then armor.

If you really wnted to buff the ability you could also make it take into account the armor lvls on its last hit so if you dropped his armor by 3 points down under your Strength his last shot should do +3 damage. At least that way you dont care if or maybe want his first attacks to hit armor.
    I agree with you that it should never do arm dmg if they have no arm, but if there is no arm and it all goes to str making it guaranteed str seems to make it too reliable.

well its only guaranteed AFTER you took the time to fully deplete armor on the target. I think the current random nature is great, its 3-5+ hits for 1WP that ignores Strength lvls. That is really good imo. I dont even mind the chance to miss the last hist as its more of a powerful bonus on top of the solid 3-5 hits.

My only issue with the guy is that it seems he can hit pools that are not there which results in not only a pointless loss of WP but also a loss of tactical choices leading up to it. If you have a rank 3 thrasher and the target has 3 armor but you have 1 Strength and choose to use flail, and it hits armor 3 times the last 2 hits should hit HP no matter what and the final random hit has to also only target hp but it can still miss.

As far as I know no other ability can outright fail to work or do anything like that one did for me. Can you imagine the threads if a SS's trap didn't work for whatever reason after playing in a way as to force the trap?

Quote Originally Posted by Gramalian View Post
    well its only guaranteed AFTER you took the time to fully deplete armor on the target. I think the current random nature is great, its 3-5+ hits for 1WP that ignores Strength lvls. That is really good imo. I dont even mind the chance to miss the last hist as its more of a powerful bonus on top of the solid 3-5 hits.

My only issue with the guy is that it seems he can hit pools that are not there which results in not only a pointless loss of WP but also a loss of tactical choices leading up to it. If you have a rank 3 thrasher and the target has 3 armor but you have 1 Strength and choose to use flail, and it hits armor 3 times the last 2 hits should hit HP no matter what and the final random hit has to also only target hp but it can still miss.

As far as I know no other ability can outright fail to work or do anything like that one did for me. Can you imagine the threads if a SS's trap didn't work for whatever reason after playing in a way as to force the trap?
    Haha yeah that would cause a shitstorm. I agree with you fully, I just don't know how I feel about a 1str Thrasher potentially being able to hit for like 6-8str for only one WP. Granted there would be a reasonable amount of setup required for that so it could balance it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2