Thread: Unit names!

Unit names!

As the name suggests, show off your fancy unit names and stories connected to it

I'll start! So in short, my Raiders have something to do facial hair, Varls get horn-related names and Archers get names from female pop culture characters that got stuck in my mind

So, as follows
    RMs - Panzer Mo, Beard Wall
    THs - Razor Tash, Doom Tash (i like to think they flail with their moustache)!
    BB - Fu Manchu (why?)

Strongarms - Horny Joe (by far my favourite), Cornar (why?)
    Provoker - Hornicato (by far the weirdest and pseudo-exotic (I couldn't squeeze -r due to restrictions!) it's a rather hard to guess pun of fornicator, I imagine him as the Strand's most popular and exotic gigolo who then malice other fighters by exposing that he made out with their second half, no matter if it's a woman, man or someone's favourite goat)

WM - Hornozord
    WH - Hornotron
    WL - Hornoris (giving he's the honorable one ;P)

Archers - Annah (Torment) and Lilu (5th Element)

So.. what are your funny names and their stories?

Warleader: Mr Miyagi -- because I really like the idea that he is standing behind my troops while they break armor telling them to wax on, wax off.

Warhhawks: Mr Black and Mr Pink
    Warmaster: Mr Orange and Mr Axface

Backbiters: Mad Max, Mad Moe and Mad Joe.

Bow-master: Dead-Eye
    Sky-striker: Blondie
    Siege-archer: Slaggy (I really wanted to call her Slaggy Slagface, but alas).

Siege Archer (upcoming) = Redshirt. She's so squishy, so likely to die horribly, and I can get her a smart red uniform. How could I name her anything else?!?

Currently fielding a Backbiter called Low-Key. I plan on promoting another and naming him Lyesmith.

Kudos if you get the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Deign_Hardhewn View Post
    Currently fielding a Backbiter called Low-Key. I plan on promoting another and naming him Lyesmith.

Kudos if you get the reference.
    Are you going to throw in Shadow and Wednesday?

I name my own units after weapons of war - Gustav and Dora were my first two promotes (the free Thrasher, and a Siege Archer), and my other SA is named Katyusha. My Warmaster is KarlGerat, Warhawk is Lowe, the Backbiter is Zubr, and the Shieldmaster is Zveroboj.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Are you going to throw in Shadow and Wednesday?

I name my own units after weapons of war - Gustav and Dora were my first two promotes (the free Thrasher, and a Siege Archer), and my other SA is named Katyusha. My Warmaster is KarlGerat, Warhawk is Lowe, the Backbiter is Zubr, and the Shieldmaster is Zveroboj.
    I've considered promoting one of the old grizzled looking warriors (the name of the class evades me) and naming him Wednesday. Not sure which class would fit Shadow.

Also, I now have both of my twin Backbiters, so if you see Low-Key and Lyesmith, you'll know it's me.

HUMANS:
    Ripper
    Tearer
    Slasher
    Gouger

VARL:
    I am
    BEOWULF
    Last edited by Anodai; 03-09-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    In game name: Brutlius

Named some guys in honor of the dev team, so I'm having Arnir, Jongar and Alexund among the others. Haven' come up with how to mangle "Sean" and "Mumm" in that way.
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

My Tempests "Ballerina" and "ISpinFrely" will soon strike fear in all the hearts of men!

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeDurrrp View Post
    My Tempests "Ballerina" and "ISpinFrely" will soon strike fear in all the hearts of men!
    I'm scared already!