Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TBSF:F has a memory leak

TBSF:F has a memory leak

OS: Win 7 Ult 64. Flash v. WIN 11,6,602,171 with hardware acceleration enabled.

Game crashed after ~3.5 hours of successful gameplay, right after finding a match and about to start battle.

I'm saying mem leak b/c of the 1.4 GB of memory that TBS:F was taking up at the time of the crash. I've run Memtest 86+ on this system, it's very stable and I don't have problems with overheating or instability (system temp never over ~55C). I'm on an intel 2500k, asus z58 pro-v MB.

Log right before crash: https://www.filedropper.com/comstoics...factionsa-0log

TBS:F taking up huge memory:

Crashing (it was in fullscreen and reduced the window size to this when the crash event occured):

It could just be keeping the assets from each battle board in memory for faster load times, couldn't it? I'll take my Process Explorer to it one of these days if I can remember to check after every time I play on a new board within the same session.

I'd be interested to know the results of your tests, KRD.

Had the same thing!

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    We will be looking at this shortly. My guess is a bug somewhere with the battle board unloading.

Some more context -
    Banner Saga at menu screen takes up around 400 MB.
    During Battle Screen ~900 MB.
    After a lot of Games -> 1.4 GB!!
    I dont know when exactly it spikes but looks like a leak.

Still happening. Actually, I never noticed it happening to me on earlier builds.

Quote Originally Posted by agris View Post
    I'd be interested to know the results of your tests, KRD.
    Quote Originally Posted by samyam View Post
    I dont know when exactly it spikes but looks like a leak.
    From what I've been able to determine, it spikes by about 400 MB each time assets from a new battleground are loaded, then stays there just about indefinitely, even if you leave the game idle in Strand for hours. To me, that speaks against the memory leak theory, but as Mumm says, there's still plenty other things that could be causing the crash, the garbage collection process for one. For framerate reasons (pretty old laptop with Intel graphics here), I only very rarely play more than two battles within a single session, so I've never quite gotten to 1.4 GB on my system, and so haven't experienced any crashes that were anything like the one you guys report. Hope they'll be able to figure it out!