Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Strategy of Ultimate Win

Quote Originally Posted by khct View Post
    I think there's real potential with SS to control WHs

I was playing against a 2WH, 3TH ,SA team with my 2WH, TH, BB, SA, SS team, and i really wash't sweating at all. The SS controlled one of the WH's movement so i can send in one of my WH earlier to deal his THs and maim his other WH. But I made a major mistake when i wanted to take off 5 armor on his un-maimed WH with my 3 exertion SA, but i press the wrong thing and did a normal 2Arm(noooooo!!), and that ultimately cost me the game.

I am generally good with my trap placements to keep enemies guessing. The best case is forcing enemy THs to block their own WHs. With the 1 trap is a bit of gamble at times, but rank2 will be even more effective at controlling the field (multiple enemy units). But another thing is sometimes it's hard to work out where to trap in 30s let alone 2 traps (more panicky mistakes?), but is gonna be fun!

Anyways, anyone having success with their SS?
    Indeed, I sometimes run 2 SS, good in restrainig enemy WH, and because of enemy's cautious movent keeps them in good shape for lategame.

Stoic has mentioned the upcoming rank 2/3 Rain of Arrows will not be for multiple tiles, and instead do more damage to the single tile only.

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    Stoic has mentioned the upcoming rank 2/3 Rain of Arrows will not be for multiple tiles, and instead do more damage to the single tile only.
    One arrow isn't exactly what you could call 'rain'. I was hoping for more arrows, myself.

Me too. They're worried about it locking down the board (since you wouldn't want to move once 3 arrows are up in the air. I'm still trying to think of a working alternative myself >

Yeah, I'm sad it won't be multi-tile, because I was super excited about that. But I admit I was mostly excited because it was going to be super powerful.

The only alternative I can think off would be for you to mark multiple squares, but only have a single arrow fall - IE you can target 3 squares with the ability but once any of those squares are triggered all 3 are removed.

That makes the traps more reliable (since you have more chances to hit) but not more powerful in terms of turn advantage (because it's the stun that really is the powerful part of the ability, not the damage).

I had thought of that as well. Let's throw it at the devs and see what they think .

Another possible method would be to require all additional arrows be placed adjacent to another arrow, that way you couldn't block off multiple "paths" in 1 turn, but you could make the 1 path you're trying to block more secure.

Btw, sorry I've disappeared without a trace lately, lots of real-life stuff's been happening.

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    In that case i think it make sense to add armor dmg to it.
    But what ever they do, i wonder if 1 trap tile is good enough to stick with SS.

Another idea would be to trap multiple tiles but only 1 will stun, while the other will do dmg but can be run through. Is that a viable idea?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpresident View Post
    Another possible method would be to require all additional arrows be placed adjacent to another arrow, that way you couldn't block off multiple "paths" in 1 turn, but you could make the 1 path you're trying to block more secure.
    I like this quite a bit.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #50
    Some of these ideas could work, but we're currently really interested in turning the SS into a one strike killer. If the SS shoots 3 arrows into the air at rank 3 then you may think twice before "fishing" for them, as is currently a fun game. I suggest that that much firepower in the air may be more than enough to make an entire team not move for fear of tripping it.
    I've played plenty of games now where I've hit and been hit by multiple RoA's in one match, if they were rank 3 RoA's it'd be devastating.
    I think this way of handling RoA will actually heighten the tension more than if she shot at multiple different tiles because now she can single handedly drop a unit if played well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    Some of these ideas could work... I suggest that that much firepower in the air may be more than enough to make an entire team not move for fear of tripping it.
    Even next to each other, multiple arrows could be very scary. The willpower investment wouldn't be far off from a Raidmaster wall, but there would be tremendous power in, y'know, not actually needing the Raidmasters to be there. In limited spaces it could be just as chilling as the original version, and that could greatly restrict any future map design.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    ...we're currently really interested in turning the SS into a one strike killer.
    Interesting; that sounds like a good way to make a high-skill, high-risk unit - those folk in favor of gambling mechanics over in the deployment thread will love it, I'd wager.

I'm waiting to play with it before a final opinion. But Ninjineer, that's what I said hahahaha. It's sorta like gambling on RNG XD.

I wonder - would it be balanced if break was added to ROA at higher levels?

Honestly, most of the time you plan for RoA to miss, so whatever damage it does is wasted, which is why I think buffing the damage is fairly pointless. The point of the ability is usually to force your opponent to change their plans. The only time you actually hit with the ability is against a rather novice player.

At least we have a unit that can stay rank 1 in power 12 tournaments I guess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3