Thread: Higher ranked units added

Higher ranked units added

So it appears that you can now upgrade some unit types past rank 1 for 150 renown. Those units being Bowmaster, Warmaster, Shieldmaster, and Raidmaster. It looks like you need 50 kills. I haven't seen patch notes about it however.
    What affect do you think will have on builds/matchmaking? Will these units come to greater prominence now that they have access rank 2 abilities?
    Last edited by Anodai; 03-09-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    In game name: Brutlius

I wonder how many players even have a shieldmaster with 50 kills.

There are probably some people who just redistributed their SM's stats for maximum strength and stuck them on a team with only unpromoted units to try and farm kills in rank 1 games.

Edit: I just checked and my raidmasters are promotable at 20 kills. That's not too egregious, although units that are used in specialized defensive or breaking roles like provokers and shieldmasters might take many games to even get that unless a player deliberately changes their playstyle.
    Last edited by Vaidency; 03-07-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Small tip for getting those annoying guys kills. When they survive for a pillage which you can win 100% make sure the people who need kills get kills. Its a slow process but don't forget how much renown you need for promotion you should get the kills in the time you are spending earning the renown for them to get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirean View Post
    Small tip for getting those annoying guys kills. When they survive for a pillage which you can win 100% make sure the people who need kills get kills. Its a slow process but don't forget how much renown you need for promotion you should get the kills in the time you are spending earning the renown for them to get promoted.
    Unfortunatelly you also need a kind opponent that does't leave the game when he understand what you're doing...
    Alea Jacta Est

Banner by StandSure - thanks a lot!

I've never had an opponent leave a game with me when I want the last kill with a certain unit. It seems like a pretty silly thing to leave a game, and miss out on renown, over.

If you strike up a good rapport with an opponent over a match, they will be more willing to stick it out/ help you with your objectives. It's worth taking the time to introduce yourself to an opponent, and to compliment your opponent on a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodai View Post
    So it appears that you can now upgrade some unit types past rank 1 for 150 renown. Those units being Bowmaster, Warmaster, Shieldmaster, and Raidmaster. It looks like you need 50 kills. I haven't seen patch notes about it however.
    What affect do you think will have on builds/matchmaking? Will these units come to greater prominence now that they have access rank 2 abilities?
    Thanks for mentioning it. I was trying to figure out why only my Bowmaster had the option to go to Rank 3, but my Warhawk with 73 kills was stubbornly stuck at Rank 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
    If you strike up a good rapport with an opponent over a match, they will be more willing to stick it out/ help you with your objectives. It's worth taking the time to introduce yourself to an opponent, and to compliment your opponent on a good move.
    If a precursor to getting an opponent to stick around til the end of a match is striking up a conversation with them then that is a failing of the game not the player(s).