Thread: If you want to enjoy combat in Banner Saga...

If you want to enjoy combat in Banner Saga...

...stop playing factions now;) After dozens/hundreds of battles here, nothing that devs make in the form of AI will stand a chance against your skills forged on a mountain of corpses.

I am afraid I might be actually serious.

Hahahaha, nice warning . I'm curious as well. Arnie has said the dredge can't be fought using conventional means...we'll have to wait and see how that works

Can't be fought using conventional means?
    I can't wait for singleplayer! I mean, the dredge must have at least 20 armor and 20 strenght, with their height. My guess is that they are the shadow moving over the lands.

There usually is a difference between PvE and PvP. I hope that the PvE version will have permanent deaths to your characters. That would make it really interesting. And you'd have to play a lot more cautious than in PvP.

There won't be battle related deaths, stoic has said. This is because battle can be very random/situational. Instead characters will live or die based on choices you make in the narrative. Ala king of dragon pass.

But they have said that damage (Armor/Strength) taken in combat will be persistent, meaning you could find yourself faced either fielding wounded units or avoiding a combat altogether; either of which could have serious repercussions later on.
    For cards and art prints, visit my Celtic Art Print Gallery: http://ian-herriott.artistwebsites.com/
    "Like" me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...51218704893987
    And view all of my Banner Saga Crest Designs on tumblr: http://gaelvin.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    There won't be battle related deaths, stoic has said. This is because battle can be very random/situational. Instead characters will live or die based on choices you make in the narrative. Ala king of dragon pass.
    Slightly disappointed, here. The random death aspect was part of what I loved in FFT. Oh, well. Stoic's made great choices so far, I expect them to continue to bring their vision to beautiful life.

I'm a bit disappointed too, but I'm sure it will be great anyway. And I'm sure I won't really miss it either. Having this game compared to Fire Emblem more than once made me hope there would be battle related deaths. Anyway, super excited about the Saga. Sad that I didn't hear about it in time to kickstart it.