Thread: Warhawk's Tempest triggers Return the Favor 2x

Warhawk's Tempest triggers Return the Favor 2x

I had a Warhawk get his armor reduced twice from performing Tempest with a Shieldbanger as one of the targets. My opponent surmised that the impact shockwave counted as a second attack. Is this intentional? It's not very intuitive.

Yes that is working as intended. Returned the favor for the first hit and then again for the shockwave. Note that if you trigger heavy impact on a SB that is not adjacent to the attacking warrior, it will not trigger RTF.

Remember that RTF triggers on *hit* not attack, tempest being 1 hit, shockwave being second hit. This is why Bloody Flail returns 4 armor break to the Thrasher if triggered on SB.
    that which does not kill you often leaves you handicapped

Are you sure it won't trigger on heavy impact when not standing next to Shieldbanger? Because I seem to remember losing 1 Armour from using Heavy Impact on shieldbanger and not standing next to it.

I've avoided RTF by not standing next to a HI:d Shieldbanger. It's basically the same as with Archers or Strong Arms. First your thing activates, then the Shieldbanger checks to see if you're adjecent to him.

Alright, good to know. Gonna have to watch out for Shieldmasters especially from now on.

Lightbulb

I have to say although I like the extra buff to the shield master, this makes no sense. How exactly is the shield master going to armor break someone that doesn't even physically touch them?

I'm hoping they will add an animation where little birds fly out of his beard and attack the Warhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Grits View Post
    I have to say although I like the extra buff to the shield master, this makes no sense. How exactly is the shield master going to armor break someone that doesn't even physically touch them?

I'm hoping they will add an animation where little birds fly out of his beard and attack the Warhawk
    In this case at least he stood next to him. That is why he got return the favor twice and from lekkit point is that you have to stand next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grits View Post

That's the question raised long ago in beta, but still unanswered
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul