Thread: Rank 2 Return the Favor not working?

Rank 2 Bring the Pain not working?

From the message text, Rank 2 of Bring the Pain is supposed to increase the your base Armor break for the hit by +1 and Return the Favor by +2 (total 3).

I just had a whole game where my Rank 2 Shieldmaster was only getting his base 4 Armor Break and 2 Armor Break when taking hits, just like Rank 1.

Is this a bug or working as intended? I fought a Rank 2 Shieldmaster and thought I saw his working correctly in a different game and returning 3 on a hit, but maybe I was mistaken.

I was hitting and being hit by another Shieldmaster when my Rank 2 Bring the Pain was not working correctly. Would that matter?
    Last edited by Kazthefirst; 03-10-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Did you add the second willpower when executing the ability?

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    Did you add the second willpower when executing the ability?
    You have to add a second Willpower?

Thanks for the reply. I guess I won't be upgrading to Rank 3. Only using units that don't require extra Willpower for higher Rank abilities is the obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazthefirst View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I won't be upgrading to Rank 3. Only using units
    that don't require extra Willpower for higher Rank abilities is the obvious choice.
    All classes require 2/3 willpower for rank 2/3 abilities At least that's what we know right now.

Quote Originally Posted by trisenk View Post
    All classes require 2/3 willpower for rank 2/3 abilities At least that's what we know right now.
    Yuck, I checked my Bowmaster and realized that you were right. I was burning through two Willpower automatically.

That's a lot of diminishing returns for increasingly expensive upgrades.

Adding range to Bird of Prey is incredibly useful as long as you are exploiting the Puncture passive.
    that which does not kill you often leaves you handicapped

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjer View Post
    Adding range to Bird of Prey is incredibly useful as long as you are exploiting the Puncture passive.
    I haven't upgraded yet, but if I recall correctly you can chose to use a level 1 ability (1 star) or a level 2 ability, right? So I could spend only enough willpower required to puncture my enemy, no more, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheScott View Post
    I haven't upgraded yet, but if I recall correctly you can chose to use a level 1 ability (1 star) or a level 2 ability, right? So I could spend only enough willpower required to puncture my enemy, no more, right?
    It looks like the Bowmaster automatically burns two Willpower if you have two to spend. There doesn't seem to be an option to use less like the Shieldmaster.

Upgraded Bowmasters are just wasteful.

I suspect that's a bug, and the intended behavior is to allow the bowmaster to chose what rank to use like the rest of the units.

Quote Originally Posted by erom View Post
    I suspect that's a bug, and the intended behavior is to allow the bowmaster to chose what rank to use like the rest of the units.
    It's just chosen by the range she's going to shoot, not by willpower. For 7 range you use 1, trying to shoot at 9 range you use 3.
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul