Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Build 1.6.29

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Build 1.6.29

Build 1.6.29 Release Notes
    Changes:
    • Battle: No rankings are updated for unranked matches (including wins, losses, win streaks). Unranked matches occur when a party has less than 6 power.
    • Battle: Win Streak bonus no longer applies to unranked matches
    • Battle: Backbiters Max Strength reduced by 2, Max Will increased by 2
    • Battle: Strongarm Battering Ram now pushes enemies up to 4 tiles, instead of requiring exactly 4 tiles.
    • Proving Grounds: Party limits for Archers and Raiders are now 3 each.
      • Players who already had more than 3 Raiders or Archers in their roster were awarded bonus renown to hire new units. The bonus is 40 renown per unit over 3 and up to 5, for a maximum renown award of 160.
    • Proving Grounds: Promotion costs now 30, 125, and 250 renown for Rank 1, 2, and 3
    • Proving Grounds: Stat Cost flag removed
    • Tourney: Tournament times now from Wednesday 1200 CDT (1700 GMT) to Sunday 1800 CDT (2300 GMT)
    • Tourney: Fix tournament info sometimes showing up as 00:00 until restart
    • Tourney: Now power limited (power 6 required) rather thank Rank 1 limited
    • Versus: Sword clang sound timing improved
    • Versus: Power window is now maximum 3 for power 0-3, maximum 4 for power 4-6, maximum 5 for power 7-9
    • Versus: Elo window now opens twice as quickly (4 Elo per second)
    • Options: Sound and Fullscreen options now persist between sessions
    • Market: Market prices adjusted for renown, boosts, and starter pack.
      • To show our appreciation for everyone who has supported us so far, all prior purchases of renown have been adjusted upward to correspond to the new, lower price of renown! If you were online when this adjustment occurred, you might need to restart the game to see the bonus renown in your banner. Enjoy!
      • Furthermore, anyone who purchased an Eternal Renown Boost received bonus renown equivalent to the price difference between the purchase price and the lowest price!
    • Mead House: Experienced Units now hire for 25 renown
    • Server optimizations

Bug Fixes:
    • Windows: Fixed a common cause of crashing on startup

Known Issues:
    • Elo Achievements don't show up until the battle _after_ you trigger them.
    • Friends show as offline when they should be online
      • Restarting TBS:F client sometimes fixes the issue
    • Client Version Too Old
      • Restart Steam to fix the issue

General Notes:
    • The game always writes log files into $HOME/tbs_logs/. You can access this or email it to us for bug reporting

KNOWN WINDOWS ISSUES
    • Crash on startup
      • Reinstall the game through Steam
      • Reinstall the game to a different folder if the above does not work
    • Steam Overlay unavailable
    • Terrible performance in fullscreen
      • These are both fixed with the following steps:
        1. Right-click the following
        2. Choose "Settings..."
        3. Ensure that "Enable hardware acceleration" is clicked
          NOTE: This does not work with the Chrome browser

KNOWN MAC OS X ISSUES

• The Steam Overlay functions intermittently on Mac OS X
      • If you load the game without the Overlay, simply restart the game and it usually appears
    • Crash on startup on Mac OS X
      • Remove the folder "/Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework". If you need to reinstall Adobe AIR, visit this link: https://get.adobe.com/air/

For previous updates, see the Patches & Updates section.
    Last edited by John; 03-19-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Big list here - thanks Stoic for the epic support your are providing post release. Just to steal Arnie's methaphor, whether it shows or not there is a ton of appreciation from fans "under the hood".

Awesome guys!, am very pleased to see the unit cap was reduced to 3 as i suggested! keep up the good work, peace out

and : strongarm can now push 4 tiles OR less if he needs to.

Add on that Strongarms can now use push ability from 1 to 4 squares not only 4 squares now

I'd much rather the class limitations be on advanced classes rather than base classes. :/ I'm fine with mixing up my archer types, but being forced to use at least one raider is annoying.

=( .. I was really hoping to get back into this game. But alas, there's still no option to wait for a fair fight. I don't want a power window. I want fair fights. Please implement an option for this...I'm starting to regret having invested money into this game.

All the money i have spent this week down the tube ....
    - Best Game EVER!
    - IGN : Hellraza

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."

Letting you insist on ONLY power delta 0 games would make the matchmaker slower for everyone (I can see someone who plays during off-hours being stuck at power 5 for a loooong time if they couldn't match with power 6 players) so I'm glad they aren't offering that yet.

Later, when the player base grows more, maybe, but delta 0 games are already >80% of all games so I think you are being a bit rigid.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Tournament matches are always perfect matches (0 delta). We will be adding in the ability to require perfect non-tournament matches in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    =( .. I was really hoping to get back into this game. But alas, there's still no option to wait for a fair fight. I don't want a power window. I want fair fights. Please implement an option for this...I'm starting to regret having invested money into this game.

Thanks for your response. I eagerly await the addition of the feature in question. I think this game has a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing it realized. Cheers.

Thank you for the changes. I like that you limited the classes, but imo it should have been advanced classes only. What about the varls? Are you considering 1x advanced class for them? By the price changes it seems that you are encouraging people to just buy rank 1 units rather than change the way units are upgraded so it is more feasible to upgrade units from 0 to rank 1 and so on. I hope that the promotion system gets changed some time.

My biggest issue (matchmaking) it seems was not addressed. I eagerly await the option to play a fair ranked match to get back into the game. I have no interest in underdog matches at all. The rewards are not worth the frustration. Even if the rewards were great, I still wouldn't want to play underdog matches. I like this game and continue to support it.

I'm a bit confused; is this version not yet distributed through to Steam? I just reinstalled from their servers and still don't have an up-to-date client.

EDIT: Nevermind! Didn't see the steam-restart clause.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 03-14-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Very promising changes, can't wait to give it a go soon.

Very happy with this update.
    I for one was in favor of the base class limitation instead of the advanced class limitation, so that's good.
    Matchmaking may get a bit better, will see.
    I feel the backbiter may have been rendered useless (max HP 10 really is a big nerf), but will reserve judgement until after some testing.

Very unhappy about the class limit being reduced from 5 to 3. I very much enjoyed running an all melee team as I felt I was breaking the meta game and self-imposing a challenge on myself. Thematically I felt it made more sense to run all melee as vikings were not notorious for their liberal use of archers. That's not to say ranged combat and skirmishing was absent from viking warfare. If you really think about it though, a 6v6 fight breaking out in a small area would not bode well for someone with only a bow at their disposal. They would probably only get 1-2 good shots off before they were forced into melee themselves.

I appreciate the effort of trying to balance the game but eliminating all melee builds entirely and nerfing backbiters at the same time is not the way to go about it.

PS an actual skirmishing unit with a javelin/throwing axe toss ability would be nice to see.

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo666 View Post
    All the money i have spent this week down the tube ....
    We certainly didn't intend for anyone to feel like they purchased at the wrong time and wasted money. We have adjusted every prior renown purchase upward as if it had been purchased at the lowest price. I apologize for not executing the adjustment during the update. I've also updated the build notes, above:

To show our appreciation for everyone who has supported us so far, all prior purchases of renown have been adjusted upward to correspond to the new, lower price of renown! If you were online when this adjustment occurred, you might need to restart the game to see the bonus renown in your banner. Enjoy!

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Yes -- annoying little glitch with the Steam client. I am all too familiar with it, as we update our QA client VERY often, so I get to do a lot of Steam restarts during development

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    I'm a bit confused; is this version not yet distributed through to Steam? I just reinstalled from their servers and still don't have an up-to-date client.

EDIT: Nevermind! Didn't see the steam-restart clause.

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Hopefully matchmaking will not only be a little faster (it is) but the rare-but-very-annoying extreme underdog match should not happen any more.

BTW based on my metrics the average wait time for a match has dropped by 1/3 since the update today. It's still twice as long as it was before the previous update, but I think we have found a nice balance of waiting and giving it enough time to find a good match for you. The reason the previous update slowed it down is because that's when we added the hard-limit on Elo difference. This update allows that hard limit to open up more quickly than before. It currently starts at 4 and opens by 4 more each second. I think if we adjust the initial window to be larger, say 20, that little tweak will really put the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Very happy with this update.
    I for one was in favor of the base class limitation instead of the advanced class limitation, so that's good.
    Matchmaking may get a bit better, will see.
    I feel the backbiter may have been rendered useless (max HP 10 really is a big nerf), but will reserve judgement until after some testing.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Build 1.6.29 Release Notes
    • To show our appreciation for everyone who has supported us so far, all prior purchases of renown have been adjusted upward to correspond to the new, lower price of renown! If you were online when this adjustment occurred, you might need to restart the game to see the bonus renown in your banner. Enjoy!
    Thank you!
    that which does not kill you often leaves you handicapped

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast