Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Build 1.6.29

Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Players who already had more than 3 Raiders or Archers in their roster were awarded bonus renown to hire new units. The bonus is 40 renown per unit over 3 and up to 5, for a maximum renown award of 160.
    A question about this one: Does one get a notification about that or did it happen quietly? I have definitely more that 3 Raiders but did not get a notification about it, but I also did not track my renown so carefully that I would no if I gained anything automatically after the update...

Battle: Backbiters Max Strength reduced by 2, Max Will increased by 2
    That caught me pants down... I didn't even know that something like this was discussed (but I admit that I cannot follow the chat all day). I just played two tourney games with the new BB and I think I have to get rid of it... But I am sure that you know that you can never make it right for everyone so I guess I have to live with that!
    Anyway, could you give some reasoning? I did not read much complaints in the forum that he was OP (and he was definitely not in the way I played him...), I think I read more about WM/TH combinations to be too strong than the same about the BB.

EDIT: Just found this thread https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...erf-Backbiters
    There are pros and cons from players about the BB already, so if someone "official" give some reasoning it is probably better done there than here.
    Last edited by Bloodaddict; 03-15-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Duno what's the hugge deal people is making about the BBs, at 10 strength 10 defence they are fine, i've been using 1-2 in all my builds since i started playing, and never once used a 12 strength one, so far it worked as fine as they should...

They are far from useless as people seems to be claiming... if u where used to have only 12 strength BBs then i can see why u complain as it would be like taking away ur AK-47 and giving u a sword in stead, but hey we are in a viking game, the AK-47 don't belongs here...

Can we put a copy of this in the patches forum btw

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOpener View Post
    Can we put a copy of this in the patches forum btw
    once a new build is released, the old one gets automatically moved to the "patch and updates" section...
    Last edited by Yellow; 03-15-2013 at 05:08 PM.

I got:
    1 lvl 0 archer, one of each lvl 1 archer class (4 total)
    2 lvl 0 raiders,1 backbitter,1 thrasher (4 total)

Only 38 renown atm , haven't spending it, client updated.
    Is it right and I shoudn't get renown "bonus" or something isn't right?)

WildKun, I seemed to have only got mine after I played a game.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Hello WildKun, if you email me at help@stoicstudio.com with your Steam ID/Name I can check your account.

BTW the renown bonus doesn't count level 0 base classes like base archers and base raiders, only rank 1 and above.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by WildKun View Post
    I got:
    1 lvl 0 archer, one of each lvl 1 archer class (4 total)
    2 lvl 0 raiders,1 backbitter,1 thrasher (4 total)

Only 38 renown atm , haven't spending it, client updated.
    Is it right and I shoudn't get renown "bonus" or something isn't right?)

Class limitations should apply to advanced classes NOT to base classes.

@Impaler: Well, now that you put forward SUCH a bulletproof argument, I guess they'll have to go redesign the game as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by franknarf View Post
    @Impaler: Well, now that you put forward SUCH a bulletproof argument, I guess they'll have to go redesign the game as you see fit.
    Fanks. Impaler for president.

Hello WildKun, if you email me at help@stoicstudio.com with your Steam ID/Name I can check your account.

BTW the renown bonus doesn't count level 0 base classes like base archers and base raiders, only rank 1 and above.

JW
    Then looks like I just don't qualify for this promo because of lvl 0 classes
    No info about this restriction in first message

So I decided to try a few games. The matchmaker was ok. I was an underdog in at least 1 game (using a power 6 group), but honestly I did not even realize it until 1/2 through the fight and it cost me a champ. He had a rank 2 BM and I did not realize it so mispositioned a unit.

There needs to be better champ info asap in the game. If something is rank 2-3 I should know immediately by looking at it, but there is no visual que. Yes you can click on the champs, but with a 30 sec turn I am more focused on the strategy than what lvl my opponents champs are. The rank needs to be known in setup as positioning your units will differ depending on the rank of the persons champ.

Imo the best way to do this is to have a reminder pic of what group you are fighting against while you set up. You should be able to click on the pics and get the basic info on the unit you are fighting. Or at least the rank.

There still needs to be a way to get a fair power fight in normal ranked for those who do not care about underdog matches. I hope that comes soon.

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    For the next build we are introducing a differentiation in Versus games. You will be able to choose 'Quickmatch' or 'Ranked'. Quickmatch works like the current system, except the games don't apply to your rankings at all. Ranked only makes perfect matches, but applies to your ranking.

Quickmatch is good for experimenting or practicing without worrying about the ramifications of losing, for people who don't want the pressure of competing, or people who just want the quickest possible match.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexbane View Post
    So I decided to try a few games. The matchmaker was ok. I was an underdog in at least 1 game (using a power 6 group), but honestly I did not even realize it until 1/2 through the fight and it cost me a champ. He had a rank 2 BM and I did not realize it so mispositioned a unit.

There needs to be better champ info asap in the game. If something is rank 2-3 I should know immediately by looking at it, but there is no visual que. Yes you can click on the champs, but with a 30 sec turn I am more focused on the strategy than what lvl my opponents champs are. The rank needs to be known in setup as positioning your units will differ depending on the rank of the persons champ.

Imo the best way to do this is to have a reminder pic of what group you are fighting against while you set up. You should be able to click on the pics and get the basic info on the unit you are fighting. Or at least the rank.

There still needs to be a way to get a fair power fight in normal ranked for those who do not care about underdog matches. I hope that comes soon.

very nice.
    - Best Game EVER!
    - IGN : Hellraza

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."

For the next build we are introducing a differentiation in Versus games. You will be able to choose 'Quickmatch' or 'Ranked'. Quickmatch works like the current system, except the games don't apply to your rankings at all. Ranked only makes perfect matches, but applies to your ranking.

Quickmatch is good for experimenting or practicing without worrying about the ramifications of losing, for people who don't want the pressure of competing, or people who just want the quickest possible match.
    That sounds great, although once past power 6, I think ELO proximity matters more than rank. Personally, I play better against higher ELO players than newer, more unpredictable players who throw everything at you.

However this has changed in the new build, which I'm really enjoying. I found that when I played 4x raider teams, matches tended to descend into a mess that left both players with few options. Matches seem more consistently tactical now. Good job Stoic!

I totally agree that we should see units ranks on the match-up screen. Well, especially when higher ranks will be introduced for backbiters, I will probably not position my units the same way if he has a level 1 or level 3 BB...

And in-game, in the first 30 seconds I usually barely have the time to check my opponent's 6 units ranges in addition to execute my first move so I cdon't have the time to check their levels in addition to that

I agree that there needs to be some easier way to tell a units rank. Perhaps when you're loading the game and you see their loadout and order, have their rank displayed in the corner of their unit portrait?

Thank you for the personal response John. I really appreciate it. What about the eta on being able to see rank and etc..?

19.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #39
    That will be in the following build (probably after PAX). For now you can click on their portraits in the initiative bar, and their ability rank should be divulged in the info panel that pops up.

Thank you for the personal response John. I really appreciate it. What about the eta on being able to see rank and etc..?

That will be in the following build (probably after PAX). For now you can click on their portraits in the initiative bar, and their ability rank should be divulged in the info panel that pops up.
    That sounds good John.

As far as I know you can only see a units stats when its their turn. Unless I am missing something. If you click on a unit (LC either the initiative bar or unit). all you see is its movement range. The only way to see the stats are when the unit actually goes. Hence why we all want to be able to see a units stats asap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast