Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How I bought some sorrow.

Angry How I bought some sorrow.

Hello.
    Thank you, Stoic, for the great game. I know it's more in testing mode, like beta. And I am ready to wait and donate from time to time. There's only one problem. As my skill grows my renown increses. How should I wisely use my renown? I tell you how. Not to promote to higher ranks at all cost. My rank 13 team can't find opponent for an HOUR! That's what I paid for?! Your matchmaking system doesn't suit me. I pay - I like to have fun. Let me crush those who has less renown. I deserve this! I agree to die and go to Valhalla, if I had to, but let my vikings die with swords and axes in hand!

How should I wisely use my renown? I tell you how. Not to promote to higher ranks at all cost.
    Yeah, I think they should more actively discourage promoting above rank 1 units somehow. Instead, it's much more fun to use your renown hiring more team members and experimenting with team composition.

Quote Originally Posted by franknarf View Post
    Yeah, I think they should more actively discourage promoting above rank 1 units somehow. Instead, it's much more fun to use your renown hiring more team members and experimenting with team composition.
    My attitude exactly Frank, I ended up expanding the barracks to accommodate more of the base classes plus extra space for the new advance classes that are due to be coming out. I've now got 3 of each of the human classes and 2 of each of the Varl. I'm a fan of choice and though I don't see my self promoting all of them to maximum rank there's enough characters there to spend renown on and try out new builds.

That's fine honorable warriors. Expanding barracks and hiring newbees is rather smart way out not to wait forever in queue. But we can't deny the fact that acronym "RPG" doesn't work properly at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapagoose View Post
    But we can't deny the fact that acronym "RPG" doesn't work properly at this time.
    Factions is a TBS.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks for the input. This week we are going to be looking at tournaments and Matchmaking. I'll bring up the discussion with the others at Stoic and hopefully find a good course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by franknarf View Post
    Because of this, I've stuck combinations of rank 0 and 1 units (team ranks of 5-6)just to improve my tactics at the most basic level first.