Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Conversation (1)

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Conversation (1)

Click to Zoom In

Without colour codes to tell us the moral compass of choices, how will we know which ones are good and which are evil? D:

I'm guessing the first option is Paragon, the second option is Renegade, and the last option is neutral.

I might have overlooked this, but was there going to be voice acting? I'm actually fine either way. Just curious.
    "If this was Monopoly, you'd hate me..."

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    There are no color codes as there is no "this is a good choice" - "this is an evil choice". You're doing the best you can to survive through this troubling time and do the best for your kinsmen. Should you decide to make evil or poor choices in general you probably will not finish the game with many in your caravan. ;/
    This game is not about "I am evil" or "I am good".
    That being said we've modified the way we're displaying choices since this screenshot was taken. We are going to do our best to not abbreviate questions and answers, we find it only serves to confuse the player as to the exact intent of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    We are going to do our best to not abbreviate questions and answers, we find it only serves to confuse the player as to the exact intent of the conversation.
    I can’t tell you how great that sounds to me...
    The conversation wheel used in mass effect and dragon age 2 did NOTHING but confuse me. I was never once sure of what Hawke was about to say as i pushed a dialog option... so, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    There are no color codes as there is no "this is a good choice" - "this is an evil choice".
    I really love this! I always found the idea of good/bad choices in games a bit surreal as in the end (for me at least) it made the actual consequences of the choices less meaningful.

If a choice is given as good/bad i'm a lot less likely to look at the consequences and think "am i allright with this? Do i really want this to happen?" which inevitably gives a lot less importance to me making the choice, boiling down the whole system to deciding "do i want to do the good choice or the bad one?". In essence I find that when the "good/bad" system is in place, the choices become significantly less meaningful.
    "...And upon that banner you write down your deeds so that you cannot forget."

Still think that the artwork is amazing.... but I cant help wanting a choice on that page saying.... wait!, is that a bird? is it a plane? no its suuuuuuperman

Stelly
    Last edited by stelly; 07-02-2012 at 02:57 AM.