Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ask Away!

That is true. I suppose if a level 3 WH used r3 tempest on 4 0 armor units, and lets say they were clumped 2 each on 1 side, and there were 2 varl behind the 2 formations, that theoretical damage would be

16x4 = 64
    +2x4 = 8 from the shockwave (1+1 on both fronting units, 2 on the varl behind, 2 formations)

For a max of 72 strength damage. (divided by multiple targets).
    *The SS can do 57 on a single target

This is theoretical tho, you would never see this happen in a game.

And yes, I forgot to consider the strongarm. That could be 5 break from ram, + up to 3 units passed thru (cos the target lands on the 4th tile back), for a max break of 8 on a single target in that ideal scenario!

A BB can achieve the same overall armor damage over several targets, doing a total of 8 divided by 4 targets (2 each) from a rank 3 run through, passing through a 4 human line.
    Last edited by raven2134; 04-12-2013 at 08:34 AM.

A theoretical r3 thrash could do 6 strikes + 3 on the last if he is surrounded, if they all went to armour that would be 9 break, or did I make a mistake?

Brilliant Evil laughter. Yes, the thrasher if extremely luck could r3 flail for 6 armor strikes and do a final bonus of 4 break if surrounded by 3 allies (last hit is 1+adjacent allies).

So 10 break on a single target, with a (0.5^6)*0.33 chance to occur (0.5% chance?).

Thank you all for your answers, guys. Speaking of breaking and thrasher, if r3 thrasher tried Bloody Flail on r3 Shieldmaster with 4-break RtF, he would lost all his armor, maximally 11, making Shieldmaster champion of breaking.

I have another question, what is maximum renown gained in single match, both with achievements and without them?

With achievements you can get tons of renown, I think I read somewhere about ~70 renown the day achievements were introduced.

Without it is 14 afaik.

EDIT: Stupid me, forgot underdog.
    Last edited by Leartes; 04-12-2013 at 11:29 AM.

That's only cos the achievements were awarded retroactively. Hard to say how many achievements you could accomplish at the same time after a given battle.

Without it, the renown awarded can be summed as follows

6 for knocking out entire enemy team (win)
    1 for daily login streak
    1 for win bonus (win)
    1 for win streak (starting on 3rd win)
    2 for expert bonus
    1-4 for underdog bonus
    3 for eternal bonus

Add this all up and you can have a total of 18 renown without achievements

Is it considered bad form to use lower lvl units to decrease your teams power? For example, I have a lvl 2 unit and don't want to wait forever for a match in a 7 queue. I could throw a lvl 0 in there to keep it at 6. But, I know in other games with a similar mechanic this is frowned upon. Maybe I'm just better off waiting until I can get a full 12 team?

Not really frowned upon to do that. If you're grinding or looking for matches at more populated powers, it's something you'll really end up doing.

I suppose just try to teach newer players . That's how we handled skill gaps in the beta. It's not perfect of course, but once the MM has done it's job trying with the existing playerbase to find a close/exact power and skill (Elo) match, the rest is up to us, for now.

At the very least, the tools/playing field is even, and it's often the experience that creates the difference - despite how this can still be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Orath89 View Post
    I wanted to ask if a enemy unit commit suicide who gets the kill (is the same with WH frendly fire)?
    this one seemed to get left behind on 1st page.

who, if any, gets friendly fire and suicide kill?

Renown is awarded to the other team. But I believe no one claims that kill.

-What is the %chance to hit (or miss) for Thrasher's ability? Does it improve with rank
    -Do you get more renown from ranked games vs quickmatches?
    -Shieldbanger's passive procs from Warmaster's passive? or only if they're adjacent
    -Fun Q: What happens when a 3Provoker taunts a until 3 spaces away, but theres a line of units in between them? Does it only show targets that are physically able to attack u?

About Thrasher from wiki:

The Thrasher strikes an enemy multiple times in a row. On all but the last strike, Bloody Flail deals either 1 Strength or 1 Armor damage, with equal probability (50%). On the final strike, things are more random: he has a 34% chance of doing 1 Strength damage (+1 per adjacent ally, max. +3); a 33% chance of doing 1 Armor damage (+1 per adjacent ally, max. +3); and a 33% chance of missing entirely! In overall, the outcome of the Bloody Flail is random and thus completely independent of the units' Strength-Armor difference.

At Rank-{1,2,3} the Thrasher's Bloody Flail strikes {4,5,6} times, respectively. The probabilities and damage per hit is the same for all Ranks.

You can get win streak bonus from ranked as compared to quickmatch, that is the only difference (1 renown), besides the game being recorded in Hall of Valor

Shieldbanger procs only if the attacking unit is adjacent

You can malice a unit even if it can't reach you. Not sure yet how it tries to path. It may move away.

I believe a maliced unit picks the optimal path and goes as far as it can without spending willpower. Sometimes this is backwards

is tehre a way to figure out who goes first from the loading screen? (or before it begins)

Only during deployment. Top side goes first. (Not left or right, whoever is above in the map.)

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    Only during deployment. Top side goes first. (Not left or right, whoever is above in the map.)
    Arnie has said that the one to act first is map-dependent, but, actually, not knowing who acts first was kinda planned, in order to add an element of surprise. However, for all five maps, this is the case (NW or NE acts first). Hope to see many-many more maps, so that it gets tricky remembering which is which.

Nothing statistical here, but i go first about one out of 20 games on any map. Thought maybe it had to do with elo, too (if i am playing someone with a lower elo than i). According to what you two are saying, that isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by stoicmom View Post
    Nothing statistical here, but i go first about one out of 20 games on any map. Thought maybe it had to do with elo, too (if i am playing someone with a lower elo than i). According to what you two are saying, that isn't so.
    Hmmm, I'm not saying that you are supposed to act-first 50% of the time. Just that if you're deploying on the top, you'll act-first.

I've not done the statistics for myself, mainly because I start on top ~50%. Maybe its because I'm at beginner Elo (~1100) so chances I face opponents of similar +/- elo (QM or RM) are high. If you're on the high more solitary Elo () maybe you'll QM lower-ranked opponents all the time, and the game gives then an advantage...

Stoic can tell us whether acting-first (== being placed on top) depends on elo-difference.

It shouldn't depend on Elo. It is random (stoic has said before I think). They have also evaluated whether there is a first mover's advantage. The statistics show first and second mover win about evenly (50-50). So it makes sense for it to be random, and it does not seem to constitute a definite advantage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast