Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Disconnect/alt+f4 in tournament is not counted as a loss

Disconnect/alt+f4 in tournament is not counted as a loss

Everything is said in thread title. I have won twice against one player , yet he is maintaining his current win streak and he has less than 9 games yet 7 wins, which is obviously impossible. I have both games against him recorded on my stream, where I haven't got any message about surrenders or "<NICKNAME> has left the battlefield" message, just a ~1min lag and a victory afterwards.

I hope that these issues will be resolved as for now you can just alt-f4 from every game you are losing and get a perfect 25/0 stat to win a tournament - it's a bit dishonest from my point of view, don't you think?

You should take your losses as a true viking, getting stronger after them, not avoiding them like a coward!
    Last edited by netnazgul; 04-05-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Same player has done it to me twice this Tourney also. And previously might be why they are in the top ranks in the HoV
    New player with questions not answered - Then Ask-Away!

I reported Olive as well.

Now he d/c'ed on Bold Brendan's stream too

Also now currently topping the Tournament charts by exploiting. I mean I am not the best player by a long shot, but if he loses to me then there is no way he should be winning the Tourney.
    Last edited by HeadOpener; 04-06-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Although it's really unfortunate that players utilizing this exploit gives legitimate players a bad playing experience, they never legitimately agreed or signed anything saying that they couldn't do it. Although it would feel great to see these players cast into eternity within Hel's halls, they really didn't break any hard-and-fast rules, just Viking-code (man-code). I would love to see a punishment because the thought of this practice does not sit well with me, but I question whether it's justified. These players may simply lightheartedly be doing it without thinking/caring of the implications cast upon the experienced players they now sit beside in the rankings.

However, to not dilute the previous successes made by Conundrum, Tirean, Balnoisi, Global Anarchy, and Lockedmind, I truly hope that Stoic does not allow someone who used an exploit to get their names cast next to legitimately good players. It would be a shame if the success of being one of the best players during a certain week was diluted because you can exploit your way in (essentially making everyone's winnings questionable).

Just my thoughts (whatever they are worth)
    Last edited by Slimsy Platypus; 04-06-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Olive is currently rank 1. His punishment should be removal from this and all tournaments, the hall of valor, and rank matches. He can play all he wants, but he shouldn't get recognition/achievements for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kletian999 View Post
    Olive is currently rank 1. His punishment should be removal from this and all tournaments, the hall of valor, and rank matches. He can play all he wants, but he shouldn't get recognition/achievements for it.
    Perhaps a little over the top but I understand the frustration and sentiment. Exploiting things so the Devs can fix them is a good thing, having his name in the HoV is another I agree however the Devs have said they will wipe them soon due to things like win streaks that could only have been achieved with exploits from before etc. Maybe now is the time to rob the culprit of the bragging rights too.
    Last edited by HeadOpener; 04-06-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Well that explains how this can be so vastly different:

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    We will be addressing this in the next build.

Fantastic news, John. Thanks for the update.
    that which does not kill you often leaves you handicapped

I have played Olive four times, and he played every game, he didn't win any though. Just sayin'.

Were you in Tournament, or Quickmatch? There's no incentive to cheat a Quickmatch.

In the tourney. I came in second, but he came in 3rd.. so yea. So crappy that there is such an exploit then. :-/
    Last edited by AnotherPersona; 04-07-2013 at 10:16 PM.

The person who came in first wasn't even on the boards until today, with a large win streak. Did anyone face the week champ to see if he wasn't similarly exploiting?

I was disappointed by that. We had won the same number of games, but I played 2 more than him. Never actually having played him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPersona View Post
    I have played Olive four times, and he played every game, he didn't win any though. Just sayin'.
    We have an evidence of at least 3 losses of him (my and Boldan's streams) and 3 players above have also won against him.
    The person who came in first wasn't even on the boards until today, with a large win streak. Did anyone face the week champ to see if he wasn't similarly exploiting?
    I've lost to him and can't actually say that he was that bad to not be able to win the tournament, so I wouldn't blame him That loss is also on my stream somewhere

I've been playing Factions since it was released on Steam, but this was a first tournament in which I took part. No cheating from my side, but along with people get disconnected right before loosing the match, I have noticed the following: Sometimes when you are matchmaked with a person, before the countdown ends - somehow match is broken, and I return to the queue. This happend multiple times with the same players, so I think this is not a coincidence.

Pardon my suspicion then Kawu. Congratulations on your win and thank you for outperforming Oli.

I know what you mean by the matchmaking canceling within the 10 second countdown, but I've never seen it actually give me a different opponent after returning to the queue, so I don't think that's from deliberate player behavior- especially since it's so rapid one can barely make out the other team.

Hey, i remember playing Olive in a tournament match as well this week and i won this match.

I thought it was his only loss which explained to me why his win/loss ratio stayed the same after the fight but apparently he was using the in top described Alt-F4 exploit.