Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Applet for displaying Topview of a match snapshot -- A plea

Maybe we should do away with the minimum stats? If we're using the app as a discussion and positioning tool, having stats below minimum is a way of showing damage on a unit to that extent. Does that make sense? It is a kind of screenshot substitute at times.

Cool App, appreciate the work!

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    Maybe we should do away with the minimum stats? If we're using the app as a discussion and positioning tool, having stats below minimum is a way of showing damage on a unit to that extent. Does that make sense? It is a kind of screenshot substitute at times.
    Best of both worlds would be to have the minimum stats there as a default but not limit how they can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Hmmm, there seems to be some (minor) issues with the points allocation. Just pointing them out for you to quickly sweep:
    My mistake, published older version. I think those are resolved already in current. Will publish later today.

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    With that in mind I left the option to type the numbers in manually, without initiating numbers check - You can still create a 99/99/99 archer, or create a unit bound by the rules and then manually reduce its stats.

V.0.12

To download click:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/2jixvg (care for adds, use the "Click here to start download from sendspace")
    To view online click:
    https://rensei.webs.com/BannerMap12.swf (+ ?code= + paste code if You want it start with units form the code already in place)

Changes:
    - Fixed the Skull of Removal.
    - Using the knowledge gained from above, added the Circle of Retraining - drag a unit to top left corner to enter the edit screen, where You can change its stats/class. Once approved the edited unit will be transfered next to the "addunit" button, like a new unit would.
    - Unit adding/editing stats should be all ok now. You guys owe me 300 renown I spent on training test units :P
    - Added unit names (Unit+number) as a first step to initiative order, adding one unit will give it next number in line, deleting a unit will cause all units with numbers above it go one number down.

Since I am running out of space here I think there are two options for the initiative order
    - a text bar on top mid with just the unit names in order (lowest number blue, lowest number red, next blue, next red...)
    - or a small portraits bar on bot mid with.

Tinkering code for both, but I guess I'll go with the easier (first) option.

Also I am trying to make Flash ignore text fields on units - as You might have noticed only clicking on units portrait works for drag/drop. With the amount of text added on unit class it is getting harder and harder to actually move the human units. Tried covering it all with a big, transparent square and forcing the text fields to be inactive but with no success so far.

Good, good. Its getting there, with the initiative-bar I mean. I don't really have a preference, although I'd instinctively liked to see it on the bottom-left, i.e. as in-game.

About drag/drop and clicking on portraits, I don't think its such a big issue. It's not like its too cramped, so I'd say "don't bother". You could spare the big-legend "Unit 1" and just go for "B1"/"R1" (for blue/red team) on some corner, or something. When you're done with the initiative bar, mimicking the actual in-game mode would be the best thing, i.e. placing a "glowing edge" on the acting-unit (or when selecting one from the initiative bar).

I'm hoping that you are planning to expand the grid-size (more squares, actually almost double), and that it would not pose big-big problems...

A small UI suggestion: I'm too lazy to type in the numbers for unit stats. Either a mouse method or keyboard (up and down arrows) would be cool.

I don't know anything about flash, but maybe you can put a transparent/invisible image on top of the text?

For the initiative bar, maybe you could make the bar itself drag-and-droppable and rotatable (vertical or horizontal, up to six tiles depending on # units) so the user can put it where they want when preparing an image...? And then the user could drag it to your upper left editing button to go to a special screen for editing the initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by franknarf View Post
    A small UI suggestion: I'm too lazy to type in the numbers for unit stats. Either a mouse method or keyboard (up and down arrows) would be cool.
    It is already in?

Click the button representing the stat You want to change to increase the corresponding value by 1. Mouse over it and scroll up to increase or scroll down to decrease.
    Changing stat like this is limited by units min/max stats so is basically disabled for a tier 0 unit. Higher tier units (click the unit portrait more than once to get them eg. one click on the Archer class will give You an Archer, second Bowmaster, third Siege Archer, fourth Skystriker, fifth Archer again and so the cycle goes) start at their minimums. The points at Your disposal are displayed over the OK button but will not restrict You if You want to spend more.
    You can ignore all the restrictions by typing the values in.

Looks like its time for a manual

Last edited by Rensei; 04-18-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Rensei, DaveMo is active again. Check out his thread. Says he's gonna work on the battle-planner these days, so perhaps you can get them two working together fast n easy!

Ah, I see. That makes sense. I had thought those buttons were broken because I was always trying them on the default guy who shows using the + button (who happens to be rank 0, and so shouldn't be adjusted anyway). Nice manual!

Hey! Going through the game files in steam folder I once saw a bunch of banners/ribbons in some graphical form. Can't seem to find them now though. Anyone else found them and can point me to them or was I just imagining things?

Hi, Rensei! If you mean the banners you've been putting text on, they're here: \Steam\steamapps\common\the banner saga factions\assets\town\strand

There are some hanging banners in the great hall and the tutorial version of it, too...probably not what you meant:
    \Steam\steamapps\common\the banner saga factions\assets\battle\scene\greathall
    \Steam\steamapps\common\the banner saga factions\assets\battle\scene\tutorial

Hmm, tried to write this a while ago. I guess the forum host is on the fritz today, eh.

Actually, the "\Steam\steamapps\common\the banner saga factions\assets\" folder is *loaded* with cool PNG artwork used in-game (character portraits in various size/color-variations, in-game maps, +++). Its not something you can't get w snapshots, but decently packed there is quite awesome! There's also some flash-animations accessible, e.g. pillage! battle! Forge-Ahead! etc.

Hello Rensei, nice little thing you have going here

I wonder if you plan on continuing this any further, I am currently looking for a way to show analyze of games played and so far this seems like one of the best options I can find so far

Some features id like to see (selfish person here ) are

Actual map sizes from ingame
    All current units
    Editable stats by clicking on units.
    Ability to undo what you just did

If those 4 things were added I could get some nice crude games shown on my screen

Wish I could code so I could help with this

@Tirean:

all units are in it; just click the base classes repeatedly.

stats can be edited by dragging a unit to the respec button in the upper left.

you can also remove units, coals and blockers by dragging them to the top right kill button.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirean View Post
    - Actual map sizes from ingame
    - All current units
    - Editable stats by clicking on units.
    - Ability to undo what you just did
    Yup. So, after Frank's clarifications, the only thing not currently available is the actual map-sizes from ingame. I hope Rensei will add that one soon too!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hr07pb remaking it all with a bit more proper code inside.
    After looking at the insides of DaveMo's work I felt like a cavewoman banging the keyboard with a club Trying to make it a bit more programming and a bit less movieclip inside a movieclip inside a movieclip mess.
    Also changed the unitclass design for future linking with his calculator.
    Last edited by Rensei; 04-25-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Holy smokes! This looks like a whole new thing Rensei. I'm guessing its still a WIP (work in progress), but from aesthetic design it is starting to match the actual game Keep up posted!

Yeah, it's still work in progress but wanted to get Your guys feedback on it so far.
    In plans:
    - adding all 5 maps with accurate grid size
    - mousing over unit will show edit and delete buttons for this unit
    - mousing over unit will highlight it on the initiative bar (the animated circle)
    - options screen where You can edit horn status, initiative order, and toggle the display of edit/delete buttons when mousing over
    - load/save/snapshot funcionality

It is taking some time, but I think it is getting there. Suggestions always welcome.

Maybe a zoom in zoom out? I think someone was saying if we use a full map the numbers would become tiny.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast