Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: RoA in Game of Thrones

RoA in Game of Thrones

Did anyone else watch last night's Game of Thrones on HBO and see Anguy totally pull off a Rain of Arrows? It made me wonder if there are any Banner Saga fans on the production team.
    Let the Sleeping Dog Lie!

See my album of Banner Saga crests here. Many thanks to everyone who displays my work!

I don't think it's some sort of homage. RoA is pretty cool to have in battle and totally skillful to use, it's like a sort of "I'm so badass I don't even have to look where my enemies are"

Thanks for making that connection! Convergence or influence, either way, that was definitely RoA! Now you might wanna move, cause I'm finished talking....
    that which does not kill you often leaves you handicapped

haha - You bet when I was watching that last night I was thinking "that's a stinking rain of arrows!". Would be so cool if it was a direct reference!

Also, if you guys have not checked out the "Vikings" history channel series definitely do; I'm not sure if I've been able to watch an episode and not directly go play a Factions match afterwards

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Dammit, I've got to wait until the season's over before watching Game of Thrones (hate waiting between episodes), but that's awesome! I've been watching the History channel vikings as they come out and it's great inspiration. I work all day on the Banner Saga's story, my 4-year-old wants to read Norse mythology every night and then when she's asleep I watch History channel Vikings with my wife. I'm drowning in vikings!

At least vikings aren't drowning you!

I'm not saying this to be a downer, but Game of Thrones finished shooting this season almost six months ago. It's cool, but definitely a coincidence.

Beta started in October 2012 and SS was already in the first build, so...
    October, November, December, January, February, March, and now 2nd week of April.

Myth Plausible , if someone on there happened to play the first beta builds (well only if that scene happened to have been filmed toward the end of their shoot). Ah well , let people draw their straws.

Speaking of that episode, here is a hilarious recap.

Nice reference indeed...but I usually don't tell my opponents where the arrow is going to land. :P